November 13, 2015

The So-Far-So-Good Skincare Staples


I think I've probably established a disclaimer enough about not having a skincare routine, which is why I never call it such. I always just end up having a couple of things that works out for me & use them up for a year (or for how long they lasts) and then that's it. I have oily skin and I easily get oily so I always try to keep it as matte as possible, glowy but never shiny. It apparently takes an army to achieve such and it definitely doesn't (and won't) happen overnight...

Evian Brumisateur Facial Spray. I bought this when I was in SG because it was on sale and how else can you convince me to finally try out a facial spray than an almost guilt-free purchase, right? It's an all 'rounder - it moisturizes, refreshes and tones your face whether it's bare or with make up on. This is my step 2 in the morning after washing my face. It gives me an extra kick of wake-up-and-show-up attitude when I'm suddenly refreshed with a facial spray. I let it dry on its own and then pat on the remaining moist before applying my moisturizing.

Celeteque Dermoscience Facial Wash. I remember my skin feeling a bit off with this the last time as I find the formula too strong for my skin, it literally stings but after switching from one product to another for a while, this one now works fine with me. My skin's never been sensitive but I prefer the gentle cleansers that can remove the dirt on its own. I use this both in the morning and at night. With a splash of water first thing in the morning and then differently at night. I lather this onto my face then use a damp cloth to wipe it off. If you know about my Bell's Palsy story, you'd know why this step is now a critical part for me.

Celeteque Dermoscience Alcohol-Free Toner. Definitely one of my favorites from this set of staples because it does take away all the grease and leaves my skin supple and shine-free. I love this step so much because then I can be sure my face is free from any dirt and will probably regenerate during the night. It's the one step I look forward to when doing my skin care at night - it comes in second after washing my face.

Celeteque Dermoscience Facial Moisturizer SPF 15. I am not a payong person, I'd rather wear a long sleeve top or a hooded jacket under the broad sunlight than carry an umbrella with me. So I make up for it by making sure my skin doesn't get damaged by direct sunlight. I never leave the house without SPF these days because if you're from the Philippines you'd know how scorching the sun can get in the morning especially at noon. As in parang may plantsa na nakadampi sa mukha mo. You wouldn't want to get sunburnt because it frickin' hurts, aside from the other harmful effects it can obviously cause. It's the last step of skincare and first step of make up for me in the morning before going out.

Quick FX Eyelift Cream. They say you won't be able to tell the difference and benefits of using an eye cream until it's too late so it's best to start as early as possible. So here I am getting my eye game strong early on. I'm always a little anxious when it comes to eyes and eye products which is why I'm normally picky, not necessarily about the product itself but my eyes generally. So I thought maybe any eye cream for that matter will work just fine. It does have a cooling effect, a clear gel that you can massage onto the areas of your eyes that gets strained the most with upwards and patting motions. This serves as my meditation step too, a few minutes of quiet before I finally throw myself into the comfort of my bed. That ain't so bad right? And if I do say so myself, so far so good indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...