September 18, 2015

The Subtle Strobing Using Bourjois Paris


I haven't even properly dipped my make up brushes onto proper contouring and here comes another make up trend who's hit the beauty industry by storm - that thing called strobing. Now, I really don't need additional shine on my rather oily and shiny by default face but I'm not going to lie - I do love a good and subtle highlight. Okay, maybe not a subtle one because once you go into the highlighting department, I'm telling you there's no going subtle.

And in wanting to at least give this trend a try, I managed to find a technique that is suitable for me. I like to use a loose powder highlighter like the Bourjois Paris Java Rice Loose Powder. I am aware that this is not exactly a highlighter but it does the job anyway for me. It's feathery in texture and with a slight iridescence to it. I did try to pat it on all over the face, that explains the almost empty container already, and people took notice of how it makes my skin appear glowy and healthy-looking. So I know it will do the same when I apply it only to the highest points of my face. My favorite bit is applying this on the tip of my nose, it's actually funny but its results is also pretty. 

For the rest of my face, I used the 123 Perfect CC Cream which has a light-reflecting property that gives an add-on glow. The Smoky Eye Eyeshadow Trio in Prune Enigmatic and is one of those that is done with baked technology combined with Twist Up The Volume Mascara to give the eyes a soft, defined smoky look. Lastly on the lips is the Contour Edition Lip Pencil in Nude Wave which is a lovely shade of dusty pink and dabbed on a little of Shine Edition Lipstick in Beige Democrachic on top. And you know what, I think that's not so bad as I thought it would be, not so bad at all. People can probably tell that you're indeed glowing but won't be able to put their fingers on it. I'd probably wear this look again but that's it - that's probably how much (or how little) I'd be involved in the strobing... until further notice.

2 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to try Bourjois CC cream and the rice powder for a while.
    Pretty :)

    kahfehyen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you kindly! Bourjois products are worth the anticipation, I hope you can get your hands on them soon! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...