September 20, 2015

The Autumn Lip Line Up


It's the most wonderful time of the year - yes, that's September for me. And even though we are not part of the northern hemisphere and we clearly do not have autumn here in the Philippines, I am a London Girl at heart so I tend to embrace the trends and the seasons they have. Case in point? Here I come parading an autumn lip line up. I know, don't ask. Although I am most likely to wear dark red lips all year long, during autumn, it just feels the rightest to slap on. Here are my picks and currently on my kit and will likely be on full rotation for the next few months...

Happy Skin Shut Up & Kiss Me in Hot Stuff. I've raved about this a lot and I don't think I will ever stop. It's my matte meets wine red and more on the cooler side of the spectrum and I like that very much. If you want a more detailed ramble about this, I posted about it here.

Essence Lipliner in Red Blush. Now I admit I could've lined my lips better with it but it's a gorgeous shade of berry red that is slightly warmer to the skin. And the only new addition to my kit since I've just recently picked this up. Spoiler? I bought two of these - true story.

L'Oreal Color Riche Matte Reds in Pure Garnet. A very good rival to Happy Skin's Hot Stuff that they almost appear the same on the lips - same matte but moisturizing formula and very intense and deep red in color. Also, very flattering to every skin tone and a wearable kind of red.

Avon Ultra Matte Lipstick in Matte Merlot. Another matte, another red, another cool-toned shade. I feel like I've been repeating myself over and over again in this post but this is one of the affordable ones that feels and looks more luxurious for its price.

Kate Moss for Rimmel Lipstick in 107. The staple red, seriously this is my all-year-long kind of red. The one I always reach out for by default. It's not too bright, not too intense, not too blue but just the right hue for an everyday berry lip makeup look. Also, I can't believe out of all the lipstick I've mentioned here, I haven't done a proper review on this one! Such a shame, so I'll definitely be popping one soon.

Avon Ultra Color Rich Over Nature Lipstick in Cherry Berry. The only vampire red that can look literally like it's bleeding from your lips because it's got some shine on but it's just really intense with a hint of purple to it but very, very minimal. Personally I find it harder to pull off since I prefer my deep reds to be matte rather than shiny and it's got the most tendency to transfer and get messy.

Clearly I don't need six shades of the same kind of red but every time a new release of the same shade comes out, I almost always veer towards the dark, intense and cool-toned ones. And it's not really the easiest to apply and remove as it can get pretty messy both ways but a girl's gotta do what she gotta do. I have a feeling you can't even tell the difference. But I think you do - because a lipstick girl knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...