September 23, 2015

Make Up Menu: An Everyday Look Ala Maybelline

 
If there is an isle category exclusively for "affordable without compromising its quality" make up, I think Maybelline will be right up that alley. They offer a good selection of products that can cater the younger crowd with a little budget to spare and just starting off their make up kits to the working girls who can and will work for make up and even artists who paint faces professionally and for a living. I am personally a fan of some of their products that it’s no surprise I somehow ended up having enough to slap on my face for a complete make up menu I'd totally wear, or if we’re totally being honest, I’ve been wearing for everyday use.

If and when I can, I try to skip foundation altogether especially if it's just going to be for an everyday make up look. But I did that once and everybody thought I was sick so the combination base of Baby Skin Pore Eraser Primer and Clear Smooth All In One Shine Free Cake Powder in Sand Beige works well for me. It gives off decent coverage, feels light on the skin and contains protection as well (SPF 25 is good enough for me than nothing). I prefer the damp sponge technique for application since I find this the more effective way of getting an even coverage. One of my go-to everyday eye look can be achieved by using Color Tattoo 24 Hour Gel-Cream Eyeshadow in Bad To The Bronze as an all-over-the-lid color then lined with the Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Black with just a thin line with no wing and loads and loads of The Hypercurl Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara. A subtle sparkle, a slight definition and a pair of curled lashes are just what the doctor, err the make up artists prescribed for my hooded lids. Trust me, do not skip the curling of the lashes bit, it makes all the difference. And what else can pass for an everyday lip color but a nude lipstick and I personally love the color payoff and formulation of the Colorshow Creamy Matte Lipcolor in Mysterious Mocha. This one doesn’t wash me off, it just evens out the color of my lips but nothing too obvious. I also think I’m being biased because I tend to veer towards more earthly tones, if not the bold ones, when it comes to my lip color. It maybe a phase inspired by a certain Jenner Girl but I just really, really like it.

I seriously like everything from this make up menu but if I can pick just one, it's the mascara. Get. The. Mascara. It is such a bargain for Php 199 and it holds a curl like crazy and it's so easy to use. The formula of this is surprisingly good for its price but I am not complaining. Always up for a bargain without compromising its quality. See? That isle has to happen already, imagine when it finally does! Maybe, our make up shopping will be so much easier. Maybe, less guiltier. Maybe, it's Maybelline.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...