September 07, 2015

L'Oreal #MatteReds in Pure Garnet


I will be the first to tell you that I don't need any more red lipstick, let alone a wine-colored matte one at that, but the heart wants what the heart wants. So when L'Oreal Color Riche Matte Reds suddenly went viral due to a noticeable price drop, originally from Php 625 per tube to just Php 400, I was there to jump right into the bandwagon. And let me tell you -- it wasn't an easy feat. They were selling like pancakes and sold out most of the time at the leading department stores. I literally had to scour numerous L'Oreal counters before I was able to grab one for myself. (Shout out to Ms. Griselda of L'Oreal SM San Lazaro.)

Now onto this black tube of a beaut... The packaging looks really lush and convenient since you can spot the shade on the outside, hint: it's the button-like square upfront. They have a total of 8 sophisticated shades for this range that will fit every single skin tone from fair then medium to dark. It's so hard to identify which red you'd pick for yourself that I was thisclose to buying them all, not at once but perhaps one by one, I mean it was really a close fight inside of my head. In the end though, I only picked up (reserved and picked up actually if I'm being honest, I had to wait for a day before I can get one - there's a list involved people), Pure Garnet. It was another tale as old as time, love at first sight. It wasn't a surprise actually, if I had to pick just one, I will always go for the deepest, darkest, reddest of red and in this case, that's Pure Garnet. They also have Pure Scarleto and Pure Amaranth for fair skin, Pure Vermeil, Pure Ruby, Pure Rouge and Pure Brick if you're more more on the middle side of the spectrum and Pure Garnet and Pure Fire for dark skinned ladies like myself at the moment. The payoff is as intense as any matte red can get but the formula which I think is called matte gel technology is very moisturizing on the lips. If you want a more precise finish, you can make use of a lip liner or a lip brush but I can make do with a direct application from the bullet and if my royal clumsy self can do it, there's no doubt you'd be able to do it in a jiffy too.

I'm the girl who will wear a red lip to commute in the province on a daily basis so this is a very welcome addition to my collection. But if you are just inching your way to wearing a bold lip and you want to slowly dip your toes into it, go for the Matte Reds. It feels and looks very luxurious for it's heck of a bargain price and with 8 shades to choose from, I'm sure you can find one that will work for you and your daily schedule and your budget. Case in point? Over the weekend, I've taken and worn Pure Garnet to beach, of all places to wear a red lip - true story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...