June 24, 2015

Pretty Pigments In A Pot


I can't be alone in this, can I? You know those days when you can't be bothered to blend your eye shadows properly? Or when you're in your late 20's and you've had enough of those glittery lids already? Well that would be me... and me again. These pretty pigments in a pot are basically the answer to some of my eye shadow woes. They've also easily become a favorite of mine. As you can probably tell, I am not big on eye shadows. I am more of a lipstick kind of girl so imagine coming across an eye shadow that works well (if not best) with lipstick girls? A thank you note to the make up gods is in order.

The bareMinerals Velvet Eye Shadows are loosely pigmented, matte eye shadow powders housed inside a clear glass pot. I have the shades Velvet Vanilla, a creamy white and Velvet Violeta powdery lilac. Now I am not even kidding when I say these loose pigments are incredibly smooth to apply and super easy to buff and blend, you won't even need a trusty MAC 217 for it. The color payoff is very satisfactory - one swirl and sweep and that's you done!  I like using the Velvet Vanilla all over my lids and up to the brow bone for a subtle highlight. I attended a make up workshop before and I remember being told to use this technique for an easy, everyday make up look. And it couldn't be more true. As for the Velvet Violet, I haven't found the courage to wear it out just yet. As you can probably tell, it is more dressy and the color is bolder than my usual neutrals but look at how pretty it is! I am really looking forward to using it soon, I really hope a situation presents itself ASAP. 

It is basically a lazy daisy's holy grail of an eye shadow in a pot. Or at least that's what it is (and will always be) for me. I wonder if I can still get my hands on some more shades though. The neutral ones since they're more right up my alley perhaps? C'mon make up gods, can I get a strike two? And while we're on it, here's a thank you from me to you. Because Velvet Vanilla + any lipstick shade I own, is nothing short of a perfect equation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...