June 17, 2015

A Lightweight Line Up


Once upon a time, I tried going out sporting the literal "no make up" look and everybody went crazy asking if a) I was sick or b) I haven't had enough sleep. No big deal except none of which is an actual reality. I've just decided not to put any make up on really. So let's call it lightweight, shall we? Or "when you don't want to look made up but there's no way you're going out (again) with literally no make up on" line up.

I skip the foundation part and go straight to a medium to full coverage concealer like the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. I use this normally - under the eyes, down the bridge of my nose, on my chin and on the center of my forehead. Then instead of just usually patting it in, I dab it on outwardly so it can cover as much area on my face as possible and won't feel as heavy. To set everything in place and prevent any possibility of crease city all over the face, I powder on using the Collection Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Powder. This applies thinly on the surface and seals the deal almost immediately. Depending on the weather, I normally go for one layer in the mornings but I do need another one during the afternoons when it can get pretty hot and sweaty outside. A little powder touch up never hurt anyone.

Now onto the eyes. If there's one surefire way to looking awake and composed even if you don't feel it, it's doing some tricks in the eye department as much as you can. Pop open those eyes by curling the lashes and lifting them up with a volumizing waterproof mascara, Maybelline The Falsies is my fave when it comes to getting the lashes game strong effortlessly. And since I really want to feel and look light as much as possible, I skip on drawing in my brows as well but not without tinting them a bit and grooming them in place using the Jazzy Collection Eyebrow Mascara.

Finally to put on a bit of color and add some freshness into the look, I use the Benetint Blush on my lips and cheeks. It's as subtle as you want your lips and cheeks to be, flushed but not really. Although it's there, you can see it but almost not feel it. A few of this tint goes into my lips as well just to pop in a healthier color before putting on a layer of the Bourjois Paris 3D Effect Lipgloss. Since I'm not really a fan of glossy lips, I go the extra step of dusting a bit of powder over them then lightly dabbing my lips with my finger for that plump looking lips. And that's it for the products I go for when I want to look half as decent so that I won't be mistaken to be ill and/or an honorary member of Team No Sleep. Like I said, it happened before. Never again, or at least that's the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...