May 02, 2015

The New Pond's Pearl Cleansing Gel


If there's one skin care line that needs no introduction to my generation, I reckon it's Pond's. I've had a phase when all of my products would be Pond's - cold cream, facial wash, toner, moisturizer, name it, I've tried it. But amongst all these, one thing only remained constant in my life and that is the facial wash. So when the news about, and I quote, "our favorite facial wash is finally gel form", I knew I had to give it a go. If only for old times' sake...

I can see what Pond's is trying to do here with their newly launched product called Pond's White Beauty Pearl Cleansing Gel, clearly stepping up their game competing with the global market with the packaging and the formula itself. Always known for being classy, I expect nothing less from them. It's all pink which is something I've always associated with the brand - rosy white finish, it's what they've known for. The gel formula is not far behind as it feels and smells luxurious that you actually enjoy the whole application. But here is where it fails me personally - the end result. It breaks my heart to discover that it's a bit too harsh and strong for my skin now that it stings after drying and a couple of weeks gone, I've started breaking out. So I guess I'll have to stick to my old ways when it comes to Pond's. I've encountered no problems with it before but like anything else in life, the results may always vary. Different strokes for different folks, that's what they say. Sadly, it's not one to work for me this time around. However, I love the initiative to innovate - it's always a welcome idea to step out of the comfort zone and try out something new. True in life, true in skin care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...