April 19, 2015

This Month On My "Recent Reads"


This is one of the few Instagram trends that I actually tried and a bandwagon I jumped right into, I can't remember the hashtag associated with it though. Now I am a reader, actual books are highly preferable but e-books can be so convenient that I find myself loading up on reads every time a vacation or a weekend off is upon me. And seeing as I've just recently updated my e-books library, I use an Aldiko Reader for Android by the way, I thought I'd share with you the few new ones...

Maybe Someday by Coleen Hoover. Now this is when you lose when you actually judge a book by what it says on the "About this book..." because this one gave nothing away of what it's actually like inside and that is exactly why I loved it. It's a love story and a story of life and love between two people who were both wrong to fall in love with each other in the first place. Who battled it out with their feelings as much as they can because they know it's the right thing to do. Just when you think your heart is ready, it's then you will realize how incredibly wrong you are - and that's okay. You can never be ready but it has to be done. "It's not easy when you're trying to win a war against the heart." Also, if you're a music fangirl who loves the beauty you find in words, then you'll love this one too!

How To Fall In Love by Cecilia Ahern. I am halfway done with this novel and all I can say is that, you know sshh is about to go down when you knowingly pick out to read a Cecilia Ahern novel, or at least how it is for me. Her stories are quite lengthy, borderline tragedy but like I said, you pick them up when you need to an extra kick to the heart and escape from the mind. I didn't know it's what I needed until I started sifting through the pages reluctantly and eventually, the How To Fall In Love bit of the title has taken its toll on me. And I'm not going to lie, I was hoping this book could literally lead me into knowing, you guessed it right, how to fall in love. I could really use a jumpstart on that department. In more ways than one.

The Year I Met You by Cecilia Ahern. A future read actually, I may be slightly cheating here since I haven't read it, even it's About. I am just hoping this is the novel my friend has told me about - a girl living her life watching her neighbor living his life. Or something like that. Since I don't want to spoil myself, I am saving the anticipation and I hope it's going to be worth it. And remember what I said before, "It's as if the books are the ones who magically will people to pick them up as though they already know whose life they need to be a part of how they can make a difference, how they can teach a lesson, put a smile on a face at just the right time." Well, that's straight from Cecilia herself. My wanting to pick her stories to be my recent reads, justified. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...