April 08, 2015

The Brits Made Me Buy It.


This wouldn't come as a shock to anyone who's been in my life long enough to know and justify my seemingly endless fascination with the Brits that there were days when I wish that I'd just magically wake up inside my London flat. And that I've personally and consistently dubbed their accent as the sexiest accent in town, the Irish one comes in close second. So I guess, this post was always bound to happen since the influence they have in my life are of great proportions, in music, make up, lifestyle. If only I can get away with having the British accent when in fact I've never been anywhere near any of them to adopt it, I would in a heartbeat. Soz.

The first on this list is the Collection Lasting Performance Concealer. Everyone from Londontown has dubbed this as their favorite drugstore concealer, both in Youtube and in Blogville. So of course when Collection Cosmetics launched their make up line in the Philippines a few years back, it follows that this is the first purchase I made. The Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick Pink PongMAC Patisserie and Kate Moss for Rimmel 107 are the lip products I owe Anna from Vivianna Does Make Up. When it come to lip choices, I find a match with this girl from Brighton so whenever I'd spot a good lip color on her, we both like it on the bold and bare spectrum, I basically try my best to get my hands on them as soon as geographically possible. Generally, I find the Real Techniques products by the lovely British Girls Sam and Nic of Pixiwoo worth getting yourself into. The brushes are aesthetically pleasing, it looks more expensive than it is and it gets the job done. So when they came up with a Real Techniques Miracle Sponge I knew it is something I'd love to have in my collection. And lastly, the Maybelline Falsies Mascara which I know is widely available locally so you're probably thinking why would I even need a British influence on buying it. But it's just that like the Collection concealer, I became aware of it through the Brits, I think it was Tanya, I saw one of her videos from her channel and then the rest, like what they say, is history.

And that's a wrap. But if I am being honest, there's one more thing: the British Boies. Is it so weird that I almost always crave to hear a guy say in all of his British accent glory the words, Cheers love! But I can't buy that, can I? And that's bollocks, mate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...