March 22, 2015

How To Spend A Summer


Start a new hobby.
I've requested for a Yoga mat and a juicer for my monita during the holidays and I figured it's about time to put it to good use. I have been on and off with my #30DaysOfYoga but I've already done a week and it feels nice to actually have a goal and a schedule to follow. There are lots of channels you can follow but I personally like Yoga With Adriene which I discovered from Anna of Viviana Does Makeup. At the back of my mind, I'm thinking it's already a given that on summer days, you're likely to sweat a lot. So why not sweat with a purpose? (If that sounded gross, apologies.) It also feels quite nice and satisfying whenever you can do a new Yoga pose successfully, aside from you know, 'savasana' which is all we're looking forward to every single time.

Read as many books as you can.
For a while now, there's been an online book club thing going between me and some girlfriends but it's nothing official. I would've wanted to make it official but we are such pantsy with commitment that we can't really do it. So I thought about considering this Bingo Card-ish list of books to try sent to me by my online book club member, Rora. I thought it was a brilliant idea! I've started to put an X to some of the books I've done but I really want to try and finish more on the list this summer. For starters, let's try this: A book you chose because of the cover? Easy, Solo by Jill Mansell.

Eat out a lot.
Like I said, you're going to sweat a lot anyway so why not keep the balance of nature by eating a lot? Joys Camille logic. I've recently been involved to a personal project of eating out in the places I only see on Instagram and so far, so good. My favorites so far would have to be Maguinhawa St. in UP Village. It's basically a compound where in there'll be lots of pop up places to try. There's this quaint little Italy-inspired place called Friuli Trattoria along the streets of Maginhawa. Loved the unpretentious ambiance but loved the food more. If you're going, try the All Meat Pizza, Tuna Pasta and Mozzarella Sticks. Bring your friends along but just a heads up, expect a full house during dinner times and Friday nights.

Go to a not-going-is-not-an-option concert.
I don't know what it is about summertime but it's where and when the fangirls go broke and the hearts go wildly happy. There are loads of bands to choose from, let alone festivals to consider attending during this time of the year. If there's one band you can't miss out on, there's a huge chance they'll be 'round our part of the globe for a concert so go on about it! Tell those concert producers to shut up and take all of your money and swipe, buy that ticket! (By the time you're reading this, I am headed to the Harry/Liam/Niall/Louis Live in Manila 2015 Concert, but that's for another blog post maybe.)

Climb a mountain.
Now ain't that a major one to drop. But seriously I've had my first and major climb on the Summer of 2014 and I regret nothing! When the temperature rises on the kapatagans, it drops critically low on the kabundukans so that's where the cold is at! I don't know what was I thinking when I considered climbing Mt. Pulag but it was a good start to my non-existent mountaineering lifestyle. Still and I doubt if it will ever be replaced as one my favorite memories in this lifetime. The life on top is something you have to experience for yourself because there are just no words, believe me, I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...