March 15, 2015

A Lipstick Girl's Guide To Lipcare


You don't even have to ask, don't you? Given I am such a lipstick girl for my own good, I thought I'd share with you what goes on behind the lipstick - what prep do I do, what products do I use for what and all that jazz. I don't have much in my history as I used to stick with the homemade recipe for the lips I've learned from my cosmetology class in high school but recently, I do have a few to get things rollin' in here...

The exfoliator. Until Artisty Lip Polish landed on my hands, I was used to the good ole olive oil + brown sugar trick. This works technically the same but with a much more ideal packaging and practical applicator. Lather it onto your lips, give it a good rub using your fingertips to rid off dry skin and whatnot then give a good swipe of cloth or face towel.

The conditioner. It may seem a bit odd to refer a lip conditioner as such but this extra step is the one I have been committed to since university days, I remember using The Body Shop Born Lippy religiously. This is where Nivea Fruity Shine Lip Balm in Strawberry comes in. I don't use it as regularly as I am supposed to but it comes in handy especially when mine occasionally feels and looks chappy and cracky.

The protector. Believe me when I say this will really protect and defend your lips from everything - dryness, cold, heat, wind and sun. It has a 30+ sunscreen protection and is water-resistant for up to 80 minutes. It's the Blistex Lip Protection/Sunscreen Lip Balm and it feels luxurious on the lips, almost buttery but not greasy, smells and tastes so good too. 

The comforter. Nothing says comfort like the scent of fresh mint that soothes both the surface and the senses. The Maybelline Baby Lips in Relieving Menthol basically does what it says on the tube - it relieves and hydrates your lips and leaves on a clear stain on the lips. I usually reach for this at night, when I can use a bit of help both to relieve my mind and my lips, the menthol scent really just helps in cooling things off.

If you're much of a lipstick girl like me, I think we share the feeling of wanting to have a healthy-looking, supple and soft lips by default so that by the time we swipe our lipstick on, it's lipstick ready. Thy lips that are lipstick ready are thy lips that easily smiles. Dry, cracky and chapped skin, be gone. 

1 comment:

  1. Great post, great products and great tips! I cannot express how important lip care is and you explained every step so perfectly. Love it! <3

    xo Brigette from brigetteramos.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...