January 12, 2015

The Style Hack I Swear By.


Isn't it obvious yet? If there's one style hack I've adopted and slowly transitioned into, it has to be Black. White. Grey. Nude. Repeat. I saw this on Instagram, so I can't really trace the source but this is how I'm easily dressed these days. I think I've personally reached a point in my life style-wise where I've stopped experimenting with random clothes and always end up switching a few wardrobe staples every season. I'd like to believe maybe I've already found my niche but it can also be because I have little amount left for clothes when it's all been spent on make up things. True story.

A plain white shirt, in any way you want it. I find the v-neck ones more flattering for slightly casual vibes but I am not going to say no to a loose fitting round neck tee either which is basically just me saying any shirt will do as long it's plain white.

A flattering pair of skin tight jeans, in black. The hardest thing to do is to actually find a pair that fits you perfectly because it is almost impossible to do so if you haven't found yours, don't give up just yet. I swear, it will be worth it - the time, the effort to check in and out of the fitting room and the looks of the sales person assisting you.

A season appropriate accessory. There's a lot to choose from - a coat, a scarf, a hat, a pair of new boots or get it on with the bold accents like a chunky necklace or a statement wrist watch. I obviously went for a hat this time because I'm clinging on to this what I call the closest-to-a-winter-weather-we-can-get as much as I possibly can. 

A signature lip color. As much I go down with the whites and blacks and monochromes, I make up for it by getting all of the colors on my lips - the bolder the better. This is where the pink, red and orange comes in. I feel like it gives the right amount of ooomph and a refreshing pop of color to my rather plain ensemble. But if you know me well enough you'd know I'd gladly wear black lips too. Black is a bold color, non? Exactly my point.

And that's how I breathe this hack into life. Trust me when I say it has made everything - from shopping to styling to the actual dressing up so much easier than having one too many options and colors for that matter. Black. White. Grey. Nude. Repeat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...