January 05, 2015

TGTC: A Wedding Guest Get Ready With Me


I'm calling it early, Twenty Fifteen will be a year full of weddings for my friends and I. Only it will be their weddings, not mine. I will be a wedding guest to most of them happening this year and this is the first on the list so I thought why not kickstart the year with a Get Ready With Me post while at it?

The Make Up. The wedding will take place at daytime from a church to a garden wedding reception so I wanted to look as fresh and as au naturale as possible. I picked up my last month's favorite, Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation, which is basically like a thin, flawless layer of skin and flushed my cheeks with a mix of peach and pink blush on for that fresh with a punch look. I played with my Inglot Eyeshadow Freedom Palette and picked out the everyday make up look I mentioned here but instead of using Matte 326 on the outer V of my lids, I lined my upper and lower lashline with it for definition. To further pop open the eyes, I loaded my lashes with multiple coats of Maybelline The Falsies and just go with my usual eyebrow routine. Lastly, for my lips but better it's almost ala Kylie Jenner, I have fallen in love with Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Rosy Nude

The Hair. I worked with a second day hair which I let dry naturally so the volume I prefer is already there. After brushing through, I used a pump of hair oil on the tips of the sectioned hair upfront since it's the only part of my hair I will be curling. This is just to frame my face and soften it up a bit by creating loose curls on the sides and then pinning them down with bobby pins as careless as possible.

The Outfit. I'm finally wearing colour, hear ye hear ye! This patterned dress hangs loosely on the body without losing the curves and falls appropriately right just above the knee. I figured since it's going to be a garden reception, it's more practical to wear wedge than pointy heels. It gives you the height, shape your legs but lesser pain in the arse to tolerate, if not totally comfortable to walk around. Kept it in the minimal side of things by throwing in dainty accessories and just a statement heavily beaded clutch. Finish it off with lots of happy thoughts and kilig feelings, off to the wedding we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...