December 29, 2014

The *Insert Any Occasion Here* Salad


I whipped this one out for the family last Christmas, it is originally called Green Bean & Grape Salad by Nouvelle Daily, the same online magazine site I got the original recipe from. Of course I made a few little twists here and there by adding a few more greens in the mix, skipping the chia seeds and cheating a little bit by topping it all off with bacon crisps. It's the holidays after all, we can get away with a little cheating on the otherwise healthy-ish salad, ha. The addition of grapes to the mix made the difference for me, it's sweetness mixed with the saltiness of bacon makes the perfect contrast for a very tasteful mix. Also, instead of having the usual salad dips and dressing, this came with a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar and when tossed to perfection just gives you the yummiest salad that can be used in any occasion for the family or friends coming over. And did I say it was the easiest to whip up? Well, trust me, it actually is. Because if I can make, just about anybody else can. And with the New Years' just around corner, this can be part of your NYE menu too, let me know if you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...