November 11, 2014

The Make Up Bag : Travel Edition


For a Virgo, I can give the horoscope masters a run for their money because when it comes to being organized, I am the least likely Virgo ever. That if there will be a line of Virgos according to her organizational skills from 'round the globe, I will definitely be the last person in that line. So me coming up with a "travel make up bag" post is kind of a milestone because it means I planned ahead of time, wuhoo! And here we go...

Nothing remarkable about the bag itself, I just picked this one up because it's roomy and the brushes can fit well inside without being deformed. Speaking of, it wasn't pictured here but I just packed the Real Techniques Duo Fiber Collection with me because it's a 3-piece-set that can multitask so I wouldn't have to bring all of the brushes. The bag is from Victoria's Secret from eons ago.

I figured your choice of base should depend on the temperature of the place you're headed to and in my case, it's slightly elevated so the weather will be a lot colder. I needed a moisturizing base with a slightly dewy finish because the oiliness will finally have to take the back seat when it's going to be 12 deg outside! Here I picked up Benefit The Porefessional, The Body Shop All In One BB Cream and Collection 2000 Lasting Performance Concealer. The rest of the face, Naked Flushed in Strip has got it covered for me - blush, bronzer and highlighter in one and that's me done!

Of course I'd go for a simple and as easy as the on-the-go eye makeup can get that I picked up a universal shadow which will match any lip color (more of this on my lips section below). A creamy eye shadow for the base and hint of color as well, an eyeliner for definition and mascara for the pop and prop of them lashes. That's Avon Eyeshadow Duet in Apricot Mist, LA Girl Liner in Cappuccino. Bourjois Twist Up The Volume Mascara. Insert brow-on-the-go here with the help of the ever reliable Etude House Eyebrow Drawing Pencil.

Basically my overpacking ability isn't limited to clothing, I overpack on lipstick too. But hey, they're just a little tube so an extra option wouldn't hurt and will always come in handy right? There's hardly a night time shenanigan included in our IT so I basically just decided on a bold berry lip on the first day and a bold matte lip on the second day. But to achieve the berriest of the berry, I have to layer two shades and that's the Avon Overnature in Cherry Berry and Kate Moss for Rimmel #107. And then, the bold matte lip came to life in the form of a liquid lipstick from Bourjois which is the Rouge Edition Velvet in Pink Pong. Cheating on this since I saw the cracked lips coming, what with the 12 deg temp, so I brought my Nivea Lip Balm with me for safety purposes.

On second thought, maybe the reason why I always put things like this aside is that I tend to focus more on the books and playlists more than my actual things - or makeup things for that matter. Excuses, excuses, excuses... Enough about me, let's be nosy together and tell me what's in yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...