October 27, 2014

AUTUMN TIPS AND TONES.


I hardly match my nails with the season which is very obvious in my last nails post about white nails in almost autumn but I thought it's time I make up for it by actually picking out an appropriate shade for the season for once. There's something so earthly and warm about autumn. And though we clearly do not have an autumn season out here, my uncle from Canada has started popping autumn hues all over Facebook through his feed and they just look so gorgeous! So needless to say, I had to whip out OPI's Uh-Oh Roll Down The Window, my most autumn-toned polish to graze my tips for the week. I know, horrible name. I don't even know what was OPI thinking when they came up with it. But enough with that and onto the shade.... I wanted to get the warmest possible shade so I went in for three coats. But just like with any other OPI formulation, you can get a decent color payoff and opaqueness with already just two. The shade for me is like the last stages of green before transitioning into brown and fall right off the stem? Like a slow transition from autumn to fall. It actually looks best when thrown in together with other autumn tones and details like red, coppery eyes and and bold berry lips. Ahhhh, such warmth...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...