September 24, 2014

THE SKINCARE PRODUCTS I HAVE ON LOOP.


I wanted to originally call it My Skincare Routine but who am I kidding, I don't have one. Or at least I used to have none until I started to notice how dull my skin is looking and how awful it is starting to feel like. So during my latest trip to the department store, I found myself picking up some skincare basics. You know the drill, the default three-step-routine called CTM as in cleanse-tone-moisturize.

Cleanse. My main concern is that I have oily skin so I basically looked out for something particularly recommended for my skin type and ended up with the Nivea Deep Cleansing Mud Foam. Looks a bit weird because it's like liquid silver, like that of a liquid mercury in appearance but don't let this put you off because it works wonders in deep cleansing and putting off excess shine which is something I can always make use of. Plus despite looking like a mud quite literally, it actually smells divine and leaves you with a fresh-scented face. I pat this on all over my face and leave it on for a while to let the formula sink in then slightly massage my face for a minute before washing it all off.

Tone. Spot the magic word: mattifying. Toners are supposed to maintain skin's natural pH balance so I guess my skin have got a lot of catching up to do before it reached a balanced state. This step just makes me cringe every single time because it makes me realize how dirty the face can still get even after cleansing. Using a cotton pad, which my mother fondly calls sosyal na bulak, I apply this Nivea Daily Essential Mattifying Toner on all over my face in an upward and circular motion concentrating more on the T-zone where I am the oiliest. The cringe part happens right after staring back into the residue, oil and excess sebum left in your sosyal na bulak. You are warned.

Moisturize. I think this Nivea Refreshingly Soft Moisturizing Cream is an overall moisturizer for the face, body and hands but I mainly use it for the face. I was hesitant to get this because it lacks the magic words like mattifying and for oily skin then it has jojoba oil so I'm like no need for any more oil please. But surprisingly, when you let the toner settle before packing on this moisturizer, it will result to a slightly matte and soft finish. A few can go a long way with this, I use the dot method and just lather it all over my face in mostly an upward motion. This one smells and feels like a traditional Nivea product, if you get what I mean.

Brighten. The extra step especially for girls with glasses like myself who needs a little more pamper around the eye area. I'm still unsure if this does brighten my eyes but it definitely helps in relieving and cooling down the area for me. I keep this Garnier Brightening Eye Roll On refrigerated, down the chiller area, to maximized its cooling effect. It's a roll-on product with an aluminum tip so it does get chilled and just feels very relaxing when I finally sweep it on to my unwanted under eye baggage. It's easy and practical to use, very fitting being it an extra step and who doesn't love a good innovative product? I know I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...