September 25, 2014

GIVING GEL LINER A GO.



Seeing as I am not the best when it comes to eye liners, I was not really thrilled to realize I need to step up my eyeliner game by conquering the gel ones. There is no other technique to it other than just giving it a go every single time and risk as many eyeball poking as possible until you get the gist and eventually apply it on effortlessly. Clearly I am nowhere near the effortlessly territory just yet, I'm on my 100th eyeball poke as we speak.

This Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Liner in 01 Black is a new improved gel liner formulation that is both smudge and water proof and promises to last up to 36 hours. It comes with a customized liner brush to help you achieve a fine or thick line and even a flick if that's what you fancy. It is creamy in texture and dries up quickly after application so when it settled, there's no more budging and will require a good eye makeup remover to do so. As for the application, would you believe I actually have a few tips? It is surprisingly easy to work with as long as you get steady hands so I suggest you anchor your working hand to something concrete first. For the application, stretch the lids and apply it as close to the lashline as possible. Dip the brush lightly into the pot and start dotting from the center of your lid outwards first then lightly fill in the inward area next. Then dip into the pot again and this time make one swift line connecting all the pre-made dots. If you're aiming for a fine line, you need to hold and drag the brush in an almost parallel, tipping position as to be more precise but if you prefer a thicker one, hold and drag the brush diagonally, leaning sideways. Because of the creamy gel texture and consistency, it's almost effortless to connect all the dotted lines into one flawless line just by dragging the brush lightly, the product glides through with it without creasing. I have yet to try the flick with it but I may have to use a different brush for that just for the ease of it and to be more precise as well. Those liner brushes with a tipped and bent end, I would have to get myself one of those. But for now, I am kind of enjoying this. Packaging looks classy and compact too. Oh, one more thing! I heard about the common con about gel liners in a pot is that they dry up ever so easily so I suggest you flip it over (as pictured above) while you're using it because you don't want to risk it being exposed to so much air but putting the cap back on after every single dip will be too much of a bother. This way, no air will enter the pot and will probably lessen the chances of drying up the product all too quickly. Phew, for a non-eyeliner kind of girl, I can't believe I've just come up with all of that, *taps self on the back*.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...