August 11, 2014

WHAT WOULD JOYS SAY.


Before I decided to focus more, if not entirely, on the beauty side of things, this blog is basically a passionate, fragmentary blog of a fangirl all over.  If you've been reading TGTC for quite a while now, you'd know what I mean. But if you just happen to come around recently, I talked about this bit a little more on my post called TGTC Who? and you can read it here. Basically, this is a one stop shop for all the things I am passionate about. The catch though is that I happen to be a woman, or a girl in that case, of one too many passions. So I ended up categorizing them to make it easier to navigate and one of the things I came out with is WWJS as in What Would Joys Say.

What Would Joys Say. Yes, I am that Joys. And no, I don't mean to brag. I, most of the time, only blab. And frankly, I don't know why would anyone care about what would say but I find it rather catchy for a category, don't you agree? The thought is to basically put all my beauty related ramblings and product reviews and all that jazz under this category. Like, What Would Joys Say about this foundation, that lipstick or those make up brushes. You get the drift... 

Now if that category can come with a face, this would be it. Glasses, chunky necklace and statement lippie on because that's my basic and default everyday make up look. This is a labor a love from my very good and extremely talented friend, Kamae. (If you're reading this, HI and THANK YOU!) She got bored one day at work, so she randomly decided to draw me. It was the weirdest thing ever and the closest I can get to being a model. She came up with the rough draft first, that's what's on the left and then after a day, she came to me and said she made me a legit drawing and showed me the finish look, that's what on your right. 

And for the sake of having a beauty side note to this post, if you're wondering what shade of lipstick is her inspiration for this drawing... That's an actual lipstick shade I have in real life. It's a Kate Moss for Rimmel in the shade Matte 101. It's a pastel pink shade with a blue undertone and it looks as gorgeous in real life, trust me.

So I guess a new blog tagline is appropriate at this moment. How about this? The Girl and The City. A girl who's currently obsessed taking glorious beauty bites from every city, one lipstick shade at a time. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...