August 03, 2014

THE MASCARAS I HAVE ON LOOP.


Let me begin by saying this is in no way a My Top 5 Mascaras kind of post. These are basically just the products I have on rotation at the moment. There's one that I've really been loving and then there's one that I've really been using everyday and then some. I just thought it might be time to come up with a round up as five is pretty much a good number to round up, I guess? I'm going to stop blabbing and get on with the list right about now!

1. Rimmel Scandaleyes Volume Flash Waterproof Mascara. It's probably not best to start with this one because among the five, I almost never pick this up. I am generally not a huge fan of the plastic wand and tube packaging on mascaras - it looks cheap and most of the time it feels cheap too. The bristles are mega soft too so it is quite hard to take full control of the application, one coat and a huge mess will be over my eye area. However it does give you the volume and looks real black once applied so it makes your lashes look full. I just really wouldn't recommend it, I'm sure there's a better Rimmel mascara out there, or any mascara for that matter, to try.

2. Maybelline Hypercurl Volume Express Waterproof Mascara. I find that this is perfect for everyday use as it is super easy to use, you can easily get that curl going for you. The tip of the wand is bent to resemble a curl so it can easily follow the shape of a curled lash. The trick is to wiggle-wiggle your way through the upper lashes and you'll see the hypercurl drama going on and holding up after the application. It's way easier to apply on the lower lashes as the shape is already a given curl so just give them a good brush through and you're done. A no fuss mascara that I always find reaching in the morning and it's purse friendly too. Perfect for students and working girls on a budget.

3. Bourjois Paris Twist Up The Volume Mascara. I think this may just be my fave at the moment. It's a 2 in 1 mascara that you can twist two ways to get the best result. One twist to the right to reveal a straight wand that defines the length and another twist to the right will reveal a twisted tip to amp up the volume. It's like priming your lashes first then oversizing them after. The steady grip you have on the wand helps a lot especially since you have to apply at least twice every time. It's a fail-safe mascara that you can use for long days and late night outs. Even more perfect for traveling since it's like carrying 2 types of mascara with you and you can just choose which one of the two you want to go for. 

4. Benefit They're Real Mascara. I can't lie. This mascara has changed my life. It holds, blackens, thickens and lengthens like crazy to the point of making you look like you're wearing falsies but no honey - they're real. The more you pack on, the fuller your lashes will look so if you're going for a dramatic look but cannot be bothered to to put on the falsies, then this one is your guy. Although please be warned that it may take you an extra effect to remove later on, like panda eyes awaiting levels. Small price to pay though because your lashes will be bangin', I am tellin' ya.

5. Avon Super Shock Max Mascara. There's nothing not to like with this one but there's also nothing to rave about. That's why I'm extra glad I got the black brown shade for this. That way I know I'd still be picking this up every now and then as it is the only light colored mascara I have. Perfect to grab for when I need to downplay and soften the look for a more romantic finish or when I don't feel like going for the full and dramatic black lashes. It's a good mascara to try because there's just nothing wrong about it so if you're just looking for something new, give this a whirl and I'm sure there is no way this mascara will disappoint.

And that's all of them 5/5 for me at the moment. Did you find something you think you might want to try?What are your current mascaras on rotation? I'd love to know as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...