August 26, 2014

THE L'OREAL LE TEINT TRUE MATCH FOUNDATION.


When it comes to foundation, I don't have much history going on here. It's one of those products that I am not very experimental with. If I find something that works for me and sits well on my oily skin, I tend to automatically put them under the forever repurchase category and do exactly that. Take this L'Oreal number for one, will you be surprised if I tell you it's the same foundation I used for my uni graduation and oath taking in 2006? Yes, L'Oreal True Match Foundation and I, we go way back!

The L'Oreal Le Teint True Match Foundation is a super-blendable liquid foundation with SPF 17 and moderate protection (PA++). Its new formula is combined with hyaluronic acid to keep the skin hydrated all day. It contains ultra fine-pigments for an even more precise match with your skin tone. It provides outstanding coverage for a flawless, natural make up result. Your skin simply made perfect.

I got matched with the shade G3 Golden Beige. I am generally warm-toned so this is more on the yellow/golden side of things. But if you're in between shades, I think you can get away with picking the one shade lighter than your skin tone and just warm the look up with a bronzer or pick up the two shades you're closest with and just have a little mix of the two. The liquid formula is actually slightly runny in consistency and quite streaky when you start blending it out at first so make sure you shake it well before using. Although you don't have to worry about that since the claim says it's super-blendable anyway. Fortunately for you and me, it actually is. You just need to work your way out through blending and buffing it onto your skin until it's all even out. The coverage is buildable from light to medium coverage. When I did option 2 though, my mother actually thought I had too much make up on! I think it's just because I rarely ever do medium coverage on a normal basis. It can surprisingly last all day without too much shine going on (that's maximum of 8 hours for me) but will require a few bits of powder touch up since I am a very oily kinda gal. Also, for some reason and even with SPF and all, it doesn't feel sticky nor greasy at all! As for the packaging, it's the classic glass pump bottle with a plastic cap. A pump dispenser is always a good call since you can be in control of the amount you'd get every time, very practical. And with a clear glass body, you'll be able to see how much of the product you have left and that's always a good thing too.

Seriously, for a drugstore aka "every day use" foundation - this is a good 'un. Now that may be a bit biased since I've been in a long time relationship with this beaut but on second thought, I wouldn't have repurchased if I wasn't impressed by this at all. It's not one of those foundations that will make you like you actually have one on. Even with medium coverage, it feels light on the skin. It sits in between a matte and dewy finish and creates an even and flawless base for any make up look. It blends well with the skin especially when applied using your fingers or a brush like this flat angled kabuki brush. You can find me wearing this on this make up look I posted a few days back. I wouldn't go as far as saying it's my skin made perfect because that's far too much of a claim even for me but I'd go about and say it's my skin but better instead - and you can quote me on that.

You can find the L'Oreal Le Teint True Match Foundation in all leading departments stores for Php 899.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...