August 06, 2014

INGLOT, INSIGHTS AND INKLINGS.


Inglot is a brand I never would've considered trying had it not been for a store visit we were scheduled to have. I know, I know... Not a very wise judgment on my part but I swear I have my reasons. First off, I have had no previous encounter with the brand. None of the blogs I follow or Youtube channels I watch have featured any of their products yet so you can say I was a bit of a snob. And then their flagship store in Manila is located down South and you all know how I feel about this being a North Girl forever. BUT WHAT WAS I THINKING. I wasn't doing any thinking at all, apparently.

So as per usual, the imaginary shopping carts have been put to good use. Here's my stash:

Inglot Creme Foundation. No kidding, this is love at first swatch. The creme is super rich in formulation yet it feels light on the skin and provides medium to full coverage with the littlest amount possible. The shade range is extensive as well so you'll find it easy to get a match. I have oily skin and I always look for a certain feel and finish that works for me with foundations. And I think this is one of them. It's like a cross between a matte and a dewy finish and without a cakey or creasing property. It just feels nice and flawless and provides a smooth base for your make up. Try the YSM Cream Foundation and Cream Powder and see for yourself what I mean.

Inglot Mattifying Pressed Powder. Because it says mattifying and it does mattify. It's like sealing your pores and your make up as well. A sweep of this gem all over your face and it's bye bye shine! Flawless and oil-free face in a whirl. It's like the cherry on top of an already flawless base.

Inglot Eye Makeup Base. I'm not sure if I said it enough but I have oily skin so it naturally follows that I have oily lids as well. It's always so sad to see a lot of work go creasing or transferring or smudging only minutes after application that's why primers and bases are my eye's best friends. And this primer does all that giving you a flawless base for a blank canvass. It also contains VitE and that's always a good thing.

Inglot AMC Eyeliner Gel. It's one of their best sellers and I can see why. It's the blackest of black and yet it doesn't smudge nor transfer nor dry easily which is everything you'll ever need for a gel liner. It comes in a pot and you will need an angled eye liner brush to get wingin' that cat eye or just lining them eyes for a more defined eye and fuller lashes look.

Inglot 5 Eyeshadow Square. This is part of their Freedom System wherein you can pick 2 or more shadows of your choice for a personalized eye palette. I know I've said I am more of a lipstick kind of girl but I know a good eye shadow when I see one. The eye shadows are highly pigmented. It transfers, blends and sits well on the lids. They also have a wide range of matte, shimmery, pigments and the rainbow types, too.

Inglot is more on the professional side of make up things. Their products are simple and on point. You want a cream foundation, you get a cream foundation - as simple as that. That's why maybe their products do not appeal as much to some people who uses make up for personal use. Just a quick look at their signature freedom palette suggests a lot of what the brand stands for. And surely enough, when you check their Instagram account, the professional make up artists are usually the ones who's got these on their make up stash. I personally have had moments of just merely staring at it and imagining how beautiful it'll look on my make up spread in the future. Can you blame me? I am just girl with an endless fascination for pretty things. Inglot falls right smack in there, pretty with a dose of sophistication.

I'm taking everything I said back. Everything. Just because it is not out there as much it's supposed to be, it doesn't mean it's not any good. Serves me well for being such a snob, toinks. I don't even know why it's not taken the blogs and channels by storm yet. Or maybe I'm just watching the wrong channels for that matter. Also, the Inglot Team G5 is one lovely lot!!! Thank you so much for being so accommodating and patient and all around awesome with us. Sort of makes the travel down south worth it. I was able to go around the store freely, trying each and every product I fancy. I'll actually be posting about the ones which weren't left in the imaginary shopping cart - they actually went home with me. Yup... I may have or may have not left the store with a cheeky little package, ooops

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...