August 27, 2014

THE ACCENT NAIL WITH BOURJOIS SO LAQUE! NAIL POLISH.


One of my favourite ways to keep nail things interesting is to try on nail arts and trends every once in a while. And this week, that's what I have in store for you! Nothing big or groundbreaking, although I did try and brave a Collar Me Maybe nail art before, but what I always find myself trying out is the Accent Nail Trend because it's the simplest way to get your nails game on. It doesn't require so much effort, time or mad skills but it sure does prettify your tips and give them a refreshing look so why not! You are supposed to pick out the accent nail of your choice, the usual picks are the pinky or the index finger. And then pick your colors which can be any two shades from your nail polish stash which that will make a coordinated look when clashed together, the color combination is endless, ie. a light and dark shade of the same color gradient or a solid strong color such as \monochrome black and white. Lastly, pick your accent style either by playing with colors, mixing textures and adding a bit of glitter or shimmer to name a few.

This time around I chose my ring finger as my accent nail. And then for my colors, I went with the neon and pastel combination from the Bourjois So Laque! Ultra Shine Nail Polish range. Their shades are very spot on, vibrant pink and subtle pastel which appears and applies on your fingertips the same way they look on the bottle. So while the rest of my nails are painted with the dark almost neon pink shade (Rose imaginaire), my ring fingertips are washed away with a light salmon almost pastel peach shade (Abricot ouate) and together, they make a good contrastI would usually just settle for the two-toned color for my accent style and leave them at that, which works for me just fine. But like I mentioned before, ever since I've got my hands on the OPI Matte Top Coat it makes me want to mattify everything so I played with the textures as well. From the name itself, this nail polish range has an ultra shine effect which is glossy by default even without a default top coat. That's why I went on accentuating my ring finger some more by applying the matte top coat over it just to really put the accent on that accent nail. That gives me a glossy neon pinkish nails with the matte pastel peach shade accented nail!

See? Nothing too fancy but really catchy and pretty, if I do say so myself. Have you tried on this trend yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...