August 04, 2014

SOMETHING NEW FROM AVON.


Where I'm from, I think having a lovely Avon Lady in your life is a bit of a normal thing to have. I have been getting my Avon fix from mine for a while now and recently she handed me a new brochure to browse and after a few flips, my eyes immediately landed on these pretty shiny pink and gold things. I'm a girl and obviously, spotting pretty things that shimmer is one of the many things I do best.

These are the Avon Simply Pretty Rollerball Eye Shadow. Just when you thought you've seen every possible version of an eye shadow, here comes a rollerball number... I know, I know. It comes in a little transparent tube with a twisted cap and a rollerball tip applicator. I am familiar with other rollerball-tipped beauty products like deodorants and perfumes and even just recently, under eye concealers but for an eye shadow? Definitely something new to me. I was skeptical at first as to how the roller tip will work or will it work at all. But that didn't stop me from getting two for myself - Cafe Shimmer and Karat Rose which are the shades of gold and pink respectively. They come in a total of 4 shades - there's a blue and green one as well but I thought they were less wearable as opposed to the gold and pink ones. It retails for Php99 for a tube of 1g - if that's not an ultimate steal then I don't know what is. I've been testing them for a month now and to say that I've been loving them so far is downplaying it, I have just got so much love for them at the moment! It comes in a buildable formulation though it does fade in time. However it's not loose so it doesn't transfer at all. I thought it might help if I talk you through on how I've been using mine so here you go! I shake them up first or flip the tube upside down just so I can get the pigments rollin' on the tip before application. I find that going twice with a smooth back and forth motion with the roller tip all over the lids is enough to give you that desired noticeable pop of color with a hint of shimmer for every day eye make up look. Subtle, sweet and shimmery. However if you want to have a more intense, dramatic look, carry on with the back and forth sliding motion until you get your desired intensity. That or apply an eyeshadow base first. Another thing is by wearing your usual eyeshadow makeup then popping these on either the center of the lids or the inner corners of the eyes. Give or take 60 seconds and you're done! No need for brushes nor your fingertips, the roller tip is good on its own. It's a fun product that works and comes in pretty shiny colors for a very affordable price. I can't see why you wouldn't want to give it a try!

So maybe next time you see an Avon Lady around, you might want to go and ask them for it. You won't regret it, I promise. Trying something new has never been this fun and pretty for me, I'm sure it'll be the same for you. Plus a little, or a lot of, shimmer never hurt anyone. So cheers to trying on life's little shiny new offerings and things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...