August 16, 2014

REAL TECHNIQUES LIMITED EDITION DUO-FIBER COLLECTION.


I am not going to lie, this was the first set of make up brushes that I've had and I've been using them for a year now. I know it's not wise to pick out a fancy set, a limited edition at that as opposed to a more practical slash functional one but that's just how I roll. Actually, I picked up this set merely for aesthetic purposes. There, I said it. When I got asked what I would want for my birthday last year, I instantly thought of make up brushes since I've started building my own kit and I don't have any tools with me. It was a tough battle between The Core Collection and The Travel Essentials Set and this at first but the LE Duo-Fiber Collection won simply and mainly because they look so posh and gorgeous and they're in black and white. And then I thought about it being a limited ed kind of thing so I had this sense of urgency that I have to have them before they become unavailable. A classic #JoysCamilleLogic right there. Now onto the brushes...

Real Techniques Limited Edition Duo-Fiber Collection is an exclusive box set of 3 limited edition brushes: duo-fiber face brush, duo-fiber contour brush and duo-fiber eye brush. The collection claims to create buildable color and add texture to look pixel perfect for any occasion and in any light. A true multitasker, duo-fiber bristles work with cream, liquid or powder for an unbelievably air-brushed finish. Ultra-plush, synthetic bristles are hand-cut and 100% cruelty-free. They have extended aluminum handles that are light and easy to use.

Now, that's according to their website which is still very much technical even for me so let's try this again. I had to do my research about the difference between duo-fiber and regular synthetic brushes first because they made it sound like a big deal. Apparently it is and it means having 2 different synthetic brushes in there to help you create a flawless, air-brushed finish. I still don't know what that's supposed to mean so basically I started off with the trial and error technique with these brushes. And here's what I've gathered some twelve months and a lot of kapalpakans after...

Duo-Fiber Face Brush. Applying powder with this one feels so luxurious, it's addicting! I've gotten so much compliments of my skin looking really flawless when I use it together with the Bourjois Java Rice Loose Powder. And that's also when I knew it has something to do with the brush because my skin isn't really that flawless in real life. I've also recently tried applying liquid foundation with this and surprisingly, I liked it too! It gives you that lightweight finish, barely there look as if you're not wearing anything on your face at all. Bit of a multitask brush for me actually with the usual swirl then pop and pat for powders if not the dip then blend technique for creams and liquids. It generally picks up the right amount of product onto its tips and magically blend them really finely. It feels nice and smooth on your skin that blending in is something you can definitely not have enough of.

Duo-Fiber Contour Brush. Among the three, it probably took me the longest time to figure this one out as I find it the most unconventional in shape and function - I rarely contour myself so there's that. But I find it's amazing to use for highlighting purposes. As for contouring and bronzing, these things do not require big amount of products so a brush that helps you just get the right amount is a huge help. Of course I had to use it for something else entirely too, just because. And that is this to occasionally blend and set my under eye concealer with powder.

Duo-Fiber Eye Brush. I've always fancied the MAC 217 brush and something inside me hoped that this will somehow turn out to be like one but it only took me one look to know that it's not. It's like 70% crease brush and 30% blending brush and I think that's where the duo-fiber claim comes in. Lining and defining my crease lightly and slowly with this brush works so well for me. Having flawless eye shadow is something I struggle with but this brush helps in blending them out, even the very pigmented ones.

You never forget your first. Seeing as this is my first set of brushes, Real Techniques ones at that, I'm quite happy with how the brushes turned out to be and the quality of these 3 did not disappoint me in any way. I've managed to figure out the ways on how to make it work for me and I can honestly say that it's a brush set for keeps. Its fine bristles are soft on the skin, not scratchy at all. It hasn't shed on me even after a year and using them on a daily basis. However, if you're looking for a proper proper set of make up brushes, then its probably best to consider other sets from Real Techniques first. This one is likely to give you a the modern dewy, airbrushed finished as opposed to a more traditional, dense and defined look you can get with their regular brushes. I personally just fell in love at first sight with how these brushes look like and I still am. So glad they return to their original color after every wash. I thought the products will leave a stain on the white bristles eventually but it's been a year and nothing like that has happened yet - thankfully. So to say that I'm impressed is probably an understatement of the century.

What's your first set of make up brushes like? Do you think you'll be picking up this set soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...