August 13, 2014

ONE CAPPUCCINO TO GO, PLEASE.



The worst thing that can happen to a blogger after she's finished with the make up look is when it's time to take photos and she can't find a decent lighting even if she tried. I have been to every possible corner of our house in the hope of finding a spot to give me at least one decent shot for this look but ended up failing miserably. Upon transferring them to my desktop, I realized there's close to nothing worth uploading which is really upsetting. This is the only decent one I have and let's face it, it's not even decent enough. Ugh.

Anyway, at least you can see the lips clearly and that's the important bit because that's what I'll be sharing with you today. I wanted to come up with a simple everyday make up look using a lip liner I am close to finishing off. It's the L.A. Girl lip liner in the shade Cappuccino. And I know what you're thinking, yet another Kylie Jenner inspired look, eh. I can't lie, I somehow gravitate towards nude to neutral shades when it comes to my every day lips. My friend pointed it out to me during our day out visiting make up aisles since I absentmindedly recommended Happy Skin The Morning After to her. For the nth time.

I wanted the lips to be the center of the look so I just tried to come up with a flawless base and warm cheeks to compliment its shade. Seeing as I'm going for an easy and simple make up look, I'll be skipping the concealing, bronzing, highlighting part of my usual routine. So, here we go. 5 steps in 10 minutes, give or take.

1. Flawless base. I used Maybelline's Pore Eraser and Maybelline BB Clear Stick in Fresh as a primer and a base respectively. I think nowadays, most of us girls won't normally wear foundation on a daily basis anymore because we have loads of alternatives to consider with lesser cons. One of them is the BB cream, which is a blemish balm that will give you enough coverage, even out skin tone and blur out blemishes without being as heavy and full coverage as a usual foundation. This BB cream comes in a stick form with powdery texture and concealing properties as well that's why I thought a bit of a primer is necessary to hold it all together and prevent the skin from having dry patches later on the day.

2. Warm, flushed cheeks. I opted for the bronzer blush shade from the ELF Make Up Clutch Palette. I just took a blush brush and put them on the apples of my cheeks. And then swiped some of it over to my temples and jawline too, just to add some warmth into my face and to give out a little bit of dimension to it.

3. Filled in brows. Like I always say, the easiest way to get this done is by using my Etude House Eyebrow Drawing Pencil in 02. It has a a drawing pencil with an angled tip in one end and then a brush spoolie on the other end. Draw the shape, fill in the gaps, brush through and... voila!

4. Curled lashes. Never underestimate the power of them curled lashes. It defines your face and opens up your eyes which helps in looking more fresh and bright. It's super easy, grab a curler and pick out your favorite mascara then apply two coats and you're done! I almost never go non-waterproof. I just find it very convenient to use the waterproof ones. It holds the curl longer and it doesn't smudge. 

5. "Cappuccino" lips. Now onto the main part of the look. Since you'll be using a lip liner, prepping your lips with a lip balm is a must. You need your lips to be hydrated and moisturized to avoid looking dry and cakey upon the lip liner application. For this I used the Maybelline Baby Lips which has a mint flavor and scent but appears colorless when applied. I then line my lips with the L.A. Girl Cappuccino, this step will make your lips look fuller and more supple than they really are. After that I fill in the area by applying the lip liner all over my lips.

That's not so bad and hard, isn't it? Like I said, 5 steps in 10 minutes and you're good to go. I'm really loving these shades for my lips at the moment. So if you have any recommendations, then shoot them my way please. And if you ever give this look a try, I'd love to know what you think about it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...