August 23, 2014

MY ATTEMPT TO DO A DAYTIME SMOKEY EYE.


I don't think I'd be able to pull off an intense all black smokey eye just yet since the weather is being as unpredictable as August can get - sitting awkwardly between the summer and the rainy season. But in the spirit of coming up with a proper daytime smokey eye look, here's an alternative. So much make up on the menu  no? Then we better get started with the rundown...

The base. Anyone would want a flawless base to start with and for that I used both the Maybelline Skin Pore Eraser on my T-zone and highest point of my cheeks since I find these spots more problematic pore-wise than the rest of my face and L'Oreal Le Teint True Match Foundation in G3 Golden Beige which is a light-weight, super blendable foundation with just enough coverage for a daytime look and buff it all over my face using this flat angled kabuki brush. To further cover imperfections, especially the dark circles under my eyes, I picked up a creamy concealer, did the inverted triangle trick and just blend it all in using my fingers. To set all the base products in place, I grabbed the Collection Lasting Performance Ultimate Wear Powder in Medium Shade and apply it using a sweeping method all over my face with a face brush.

The eyes. Now onto the eyes, where all the magic takes place! Since I'm going for a daytime smokey look, I picked out the UNE Sfumato Eyes Shadow in S23 as my main eye shadow shade. It's a purplish eye shadow that gives off a subtle smokey finish when blended out. I just packed it on all over the lid then blend it all out until I reach the subtle and sheer smokey end using the Real Techniques Duo-Fiber Eye Brush. Since I've let the all black shadow slide for this look, I picked up a black liquid eyeliner to get a more dramatic look without being overboard. I went on with the Maybelline Hyper Sharp Liner and got cat-eye wingin' finally! I go back to the UNE S23 and just line the 3/4 of my lower lash line with the same shade to balance out the look. Using my Inglot Freedom Palette, I take a bit of the AMC Shine 46 to highlight both my inner corners and brow bone. Lastly, I give my lashes a good curl and how else can I get an even more dramatic and full on lashes than by using the Benefit They're Real Mascara

The brows. I've tried a different eyebrow routine for this look since I've used all my Etude House Drawing Eye Brow Pencil at the moment and I wanted a fuller and more defined brows. I used this eyebrow brush instead and the eyebrow powder and wax included in the ELF Clutch Palette. And then gave them a good brush through with this Avon Super Shock Max Mascara in black brown to lock the color in.

The cheeks (and nose). For a subtle and slightly flushed cheeks, you just need a hint of flush since the main focus should be on the eyes, I got a small amount of the pink toned blush from the same ELF palette and do the sweeping motion with the Duo-Fiber Face Brush on the apples of my cheeks. For a bit of contouring, I used this LOL Bronzing Powder in 01 and the bronzer powder from the ELF Clutch Palette too. I've just discovered how gorgeously bronzed up you'll look after using the same face brush with the LOL Bronzing Powder! A few sweep through your cheeks, your forehead and jawline gives your face a warm, flawless glow. 

The lips. Same rule applies, since I wanted the main focus to be on the eyes, I went for the nude lips to complete this look! I've layered the two nudes I have in my kit and that's the Rimmel for Kate Moss in 26 which is a very washed-out nude and Collection Volume Sensation Lipstick in 12 Tea Rose which is a more moisturising, creamy coral-toned nude.

Aaaaaand that's a wrap! So much make up for a look as simple as a daytime smokey eye but we all know we love a good rundown every once in a while, don't we? It's not as flawless as I hoped it will turn out to be (sorry if ever but I really tried my bestest!). But I hope it's not too shabby either (if I do say so myself) since it made the cut and its way to this blog. I hope you find this helpful and let me know if you happen to give this look a try some time soon, I'd really love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...