July 14, 2014

WWJS: Matte Nails in Red


Something Red is a personal myth. Whenever I feel like I need to kick butt or accomplish anything, I wear something red - lips, nails, shoes. Since this week is shaping up to be a challenging one, or at least the week I'm finally off to a new step one, I thought it's time to put 'something red' into practice again. I decided to kill 'em with the nails this time and I actually fell in love with the finished look!

OMG Nail Colors in Salsa. Trust me when I say this is a good 'un. When I picked this up, I was in search exactly for that - a good red. And this lives up to it. One coat is opaque enough and it leaves a smooth and glossy finish as it is. But if you want a deeper shade of red, applying a second coat is the way to go. It's not really bright or off-putting, it's just a proper, classic red. 

OPI Matte Top Coat. Now this stuff is amaaaaaaazing! I didn't know a top coat's all it's going to take to achieve that matte finish. What a loser. And so now, I've been trying real hard to stop myself from matte-fying my nails every single time. It's so cool, one clean sweep of this matte top coat over your base nail polish and you're done - let it dry for a few minutes and that's it!

WWJS. Matte nails? It's a fresh take on a usual manicure so why not have it! If you're tired of the usual glossy finish and you want to try something different then this is an easy way to get it, as opposed to more complicated nail arts out there. Having a matte top coat in your nail polish stash isn't going to hurt for in times you want to spice up your good old red and/or give the classic French mani a twist, it will surely come in handy. This one from OPI does the job for me! Also, after obviously finding a good red from the OMG range, I'm now on the look out for a good black. Any suggestions? Because that Black Matte French Mani needs to happen! Obvs. Who's with me?
xxx,
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...