July 31, 2014

BOURJOIS PARIS SMOKEY EYES EYESHADOW TRIO


As you can probably tell, I'm slowly easing my way through actual make up application. For the longest time, I've only been so passive of my love for them that I literally just look at them and not bother on applying them to myself. Take this eyeshadow trio for example. The lovely team from Bourjois Paris have thoughtfully sent me this and it has just been sitting inside of my vanity drawer for the longest time. Doh! But since I have decided on taking some personal projects into consideration, more on that soon but all I can say is that it involves finally being able to get this out for a try! Such. A. Struggle. It's probably not best to start off with smokey eyes at once but I just couldn't help it!

I personally find these colors more suitable and flattering to my morena skin tone than the dark and blackish shades of smokey eyes. However, I have the oiliest lids in the history so the shimmer and glitter is off-putting at first but nothing a trusted eyelid primer can't fix. The formulation is silky in texture which makes it easy to blend. It's not also pain in the butt to remove and won't leave your eyes looking like a panda even after washing up. It's bound to last for utmost 8 hours but I haven't gotten around to using it for more than 5 hours to date. I start off by taking the medium shade with a shader brush and packed it all over my lid then blend it all out. With a pencil brush I will then take the darkest shade and outline a v-shape on the outer corner of my eyes then dragged it along my upper and lower lash line. With a thin liner brush, take the lightest shade and put a little over the inner corners of my eyes and the inner 1/3 of my lower lash line. This bit always works for me as I find it always helps in opening up my eyes. And then with a flat brush, apply some more of the lightest shade to your brow bone area for highlighting purposes. I still haven't got the eyeliner part going right for me so for this look, I just took the darkest shade with a brush and pushed it into my upper lash line as an alternative. Curl your lashes, apply two coats of mascara and... you're donezo!

Although it is supposed to be mixed and blended altogether to achieve the smokey eye finish, what I love more about it is that you can also make use of each shadow individually and get different looks by just blending it out. Take the lightest shade over any eyeshadow base and put it all over the lid, blend it out and you're good for a daytime look. For a warmer look, take the medium shade and blend it all over your lid. As for the darkest shade, you can line your upper and lower lines with it for a more defined look. Which makes this eyeshadow trio ideal for traveling as well as you can go from day to night with this beaut! Not to mention the packaging is lightweight as it is made of plastic so it's easy to just pop inside your makeup bag and you're good to go.

I have to say I am more of a lipstick kind of girl that if I have to choose between doing my eyes or whipping out the loveliest shade for my lips, I'd choose the latter in a heartbeat. But when the world of beauty offers you a selection of warm and bronze hues in an eyeshadow trio, you make the most out of it. And this is me making the most out of it.

How about you, are you an eyeshadow or a lipstick kind of girl?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...