June 24, 2014

TGAT: Dinner at Tipsy Pig Gastropub


During my boss's semi-annual visit to Manila, he thoughtfully asked the team for a dinner and of course, we happily obliged. He left the restaurant choice up to us and I instantly thought of Tipsy Pig Gastropub. This is in line with my mission to conquer the restaurants I only see on Instagram, one bite at a time. It also helps that Capitol Commons is just a stone-throw away from our office in Ortigas. When he took my suggestion into consideration, I suddenly felt the pressure as if I own the restaurant or something... like what if it disappoints? Fortunately for me, it didn't! Well, somehow...

We were walk-in customers for the night but you can reserve your table in advance especially if you prefer dining out and hanging around from 9P onwards. The second level was already reserved for an event so that was off-limits. We were offered this space right smack in the middle of the main area, just in front of the bar. The whole place looks very inviting from the outside and the interior is just as impressive. Very well-put together with pub vibes all over it. The high ceiling is a plus and the warm lights added a homey character to what can become a rather crowded area especially during after office hours. If I remember it correctly, 2 flat screen TVs were mounted on each end of the ground area. And on several occasions like the Manny Pacquiao boxing match or the NBA Finals, this is actually a venue for public viewing, transitioning from a gastropub to a sports bar of some sort. I definitely have to be around this place on those rare occasions in the future, just to see what it's like.

Now, onto the most important part - the food!!! They have a fairly balanced menu, that's actually saying the least because they have everything covered for you. That is why I highly suggest you check out the menu online, prior to your visit, so you won't be overwhelmed with the selection. We failed to do that and when we walked in, all I have is a mental picture of an Instagram post of a chicken and a can of beer which I eventually identified as the Tipsy Pig's Beer Can Chicken. We ended up not ordering that though so instead, let me now show you what we did end up ordering and, for the lack of a better slash appropriate word, devouring.

1. Jack and Coke BBQ Ribs
2. Grilled Blue Marlin in Lemon Butter
3. Greens and Berries
4. The Flaming Wings
5. (This is a #FoodieFail. I can't remember what it's called, boo!)
6. Triple Cheese Fries

YEP. FOOD COMA. For the drinks, they have an entirely different menu for it - beer, cocktails, rum, whiskey, etc! Rightfully so since that's why it's called a gastropub in the first place. I personally only went for a safe option which is a delicious mix of a four seasons drink, one ordered am espresso and the other one, a green mango shale. How boring hahaha. And then surprisingly, my boss ended up getting a Pale Pilsen Draft! At least one of us made the most of the experience. But let me tell you, the flavoured beers can be very, very tempting, especially the Caramel and Raspberry ones!

So, how does it measure compare to the others...  Considering this is my first Tipsy Pig Gastropub experience, it has been an enjoyable one for me! At some areas, it did not disappoint, may have even exceeded my expectations. Like the location, the interiors, the crowd and especially the food! Aaaaaaaaaahhh, the food - very satisfying to thy taste buds, I tell you! I literally ended up feeling like a tipsy pig after the meal that I even had to pass up on the dessert because there was just no room for anything more in my belly! However, the customer service and the waiting time can both be a pain in the butt. The servers during our time were either too sad or too tired to function or just couldn't be bothered and were just waiting for their shift to be over and done with. Naturally, they keep getting our orders wrong and we were incessantly following up since it's taken us forever already. Which is really a shame since it's building up to be an ideal place to go to after a long tiring day in the office. People go there to have a good time, just imagine if they will be greeted by grumpiness upon arrival... Such a downer right? Oh well, I really hope they can soon put an end to all that because those things aside, it's really a good experience altogether. Quoting my boss, it was an excellent choice. And I take pride on that, ha!

Also, did I mention the Triple Cheese Fries yet? In case I haven't, here I go. Triple. Cheese. Fries.  Let. That. Sink. In. This one is insaaaanely good! So good it hurts because hello insane calories as well! If you're wondering what I really feel about it then let's just say it's that superkaduper good that I committed a social suicide act of a legit One Big Bite (my eyes were even closed what is this!) while at it. SUPER WORTH THE INSANE CALORIES Y'ALL. And you can quote me on that one. As if that's not already saying a lot, here goes another: if only for this one, I'm definitely coming back!

#ShamelessSelfie
Fat Kid Forever x Tipsy Pig Gastropub's
Tipsy Pig Gastropub
Location: Capitol Commons, Pasig City
Tel: (02) 681 8114
4:00 PM - 4:00 Am Daily

xxx,
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...