June 21, 2014

Previously on TGTC Show...


Seeing as I am a self-confessed woman with one too many passions, I have added another item on the list - the mountains. It's fairly the reason why I disappeared over the summer, I was too busy chasing the sunrise! My first climb, as pictured above, is no less than THE Mt. Pulag. It's the highest peak in Luzon, 2922 meters above sea level and officially the 2nd highest in the Philippines. We trekked the Ambangeg trail, the easiest one among the selection of four. The one that features The Grassland which is where this photo was taken.

Now, you may ask me why... Why climb a mountain?

You can't really climb a mountain without traveling to the mountains first. And when you are traveling and eventually climbing to the top, you are what you are right there and then. People don't have your past to hold against you. There are no yesterdays on the road. You come and leave as you are. Most of my days, I can never be who I am right there and then - which is just a girl. I am my job, my insecurities, my dreams, my flaws. But when you're out there? I can be that person, I am exactly just who I am - just but a girl. Stripped off of everything else but one thing, one single task at hand and that is to climb the frickin' mountain. Nothing else. Nothing more. No judgments. No yesterdays.

That is why. This is my why.

So you can expect a post about The Girl and The Mountains from now on! I'm so excited at the thought of it! Maybe not as often as I want it to be though, especially now that the rainy season has arrived. But I will try to share as much as I can when I can. I am currently brewing my First Climb Ever post, just finishing off some video clips to go with it, so I hope you'll stick around for that and allow me take you with me to experience life in an entirely different level - like 2922m above sea level to be precise. Anyone up for it?

xxx,
 
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...