April 13, 2014

WWJS: Love & Beauty 4 Piece Eye Brush Set by Forever 21

I was in a conversation with my friend the other day about how inspiration can come mainly from having the right tools. She was into drawing and she finally got an upgrade with her gadgets and now she's inspired more than ever to create things! And then I realized that's exactly how I feel towards eye make up and my newly purchased tools - an eye brush set! Trust me, I was just as shocked as you are. How can we possibly need 4 brushes and it's not even for our whole face, it's just for our eyes! Just know that I get you, it's the sshh we girls do, so I get you.

I have been searching for quite a while, I needed an affordable set that actually works. Since I'll just be using them for practice and I don't really have the extra money to splurge on a Real Techniques set just yet, I was more than happy to have chanced upon this set at Forever 21, of all the places, from their Love & Beauty section.

Contour blender. The pointy tip brush. I guess when you say contour it automatically means to shape so this is what I use to shape my eyes, to line the lid and reach the inner corners. All over eye blender. The flat tip brush. I use this to spread and blend the shadow all over the lid, including the brow bone area. Mini smudger. The short, curved tip brush. I use this to create depth and dimension also known as darken and define the creases. Liner. The angled tip brush. I use this to fill in my brows. I suppose this is really to line your lids, especially when using gel liners to create a winged eye, but I have not conquered that territory yet so this remains to be my brow brush.

The set comes in a black, lightweight box and the brushes are contained inside a plastic separator. Each brush comes in a sleek design, a mixture of matte end and glossy body holding the tip. The grip is sturdy and the bristles are soft and smooth on the eye upon application. I also find it fairly convenient to have the name labeled on the brush itself. The names which are also pretty much self-explanatory so it's really good for those who are just starting their way through eye make up artistry. They have them in black, mint and pink but of course I got the black ones because I'm just really a boring black person by default, ha!

WWJS. I like it. I like it a lot. If you're looking for a set to practice with or if you're going on a holiday and you need one that's perfect for traveling, then I highly recommend this one. Or maybe if you're just like me who needs an affordable set that actually works and can be used on a daily basis. This Love & Beauty Eye Brush Set gets the eye job done. And for a very affordable price, they actually look classier, more expensive and sophisticated than they really are. So I guess you can't complain about the rest of it because when it comes down to it, it actually works! End of story for me.

xxx,
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...