April 21, 2014

TDUG: Guns Hidden Under Our Petticoats

River Island Green Floral Print Cutout Prom Dress

I know what you are probably thinking by now - do we really need another post about a cutout dress with another The 1975 song reference? You're probably sick of it by now but I'm afraid the answer to your question is going to be a big fat yes. In fact, I feel like this is going to be a total ripoff of my own post about a little black dress with a twist which doesn't really make sense but there's a connection out here somehow, if not, a point. So...

To start with, let me justify my another The 1975 song reference by saying that this dress has an actual layer of petticoat in it to maximize the effect of the fit and flare shape of the skirt. I kid you not, a petticoat! And it's probably the reason why it's called a prom dress in the first place. But of course it's not how it's gonna go down for me. If springtime will present itself to me as a dress, this will be it. The floral prints. What else says spring in big bold letters than florals, really. The triangle cutouts of its waistline. This is a genius trick especially for us girls with curves! Combined with the fit'n flare shape, you will suddenly have the illusion of a tiny waist and wide hips! The embellished neckline. I personally don't fancy piling up accessories during the spring/summer season. I easily get hot and I sweat like crazy (TMI? Sorry.) so I refrain from wearing anything especially around my neck and conveniently enough, I wouldn't have to with this dress! The slimming trim detail of the sleeves. It's a flattering haltered top that cuts right up and down your shoulders, 'nuff said. And most importantly, the material allows you to breathe properly and allows an extra amount of air pass through your body while the knee-length cut allows you to move freely and comfortably. Easily the spring dress of my dreams!

But who knows, maybe an actual prom situation will magically present itself and the dress might end up serving me it's real purpose somehow. I may or may not be kidding. I'd rather the petticoats give me thae prom experience though than going to nobody knows with guns hidden under our petticoats. Unless of course the latter comes with a Matty then that's going to be a different story entirely - what prom? HA!

PS. For those of you who's a bit confused with my play of words and song references, you may want to watch the video and listen to Chocolate by The 1975 here first then read the posts again.

PPS. If you did so... A bit rad no? You're welcome. Hee.

xxx
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...