April 09, 2014

TDUG: Dressed in Black From Head To Toe

Topshop Cutout Midi Dress

Since we are kind of going on a series of The 1975 posts, props to anyone who noticed my The 1975 song reference for my blog post title. A bit too much already? No? Okay. Anyway...

This is my look for a debut I attended a few months back hence the semi-formal vibe. Since I wanted the dress to be the highlight of the whole look, it actually is without me trying, I wore minimal everything. Hair tied up in a high ponytail. A statement necklace with a pop of colour. Bare face (well, almost) with a bold lip colour. And the pumps to create an illusion of height and help emphasize my curves, or lack thereof.

The classic little black dress. With a twist. The midi length? Yes please. The midriff cutout? Si. The pencil cut? Oui. The subtle deep v neckline? Oh yes. All of the cuts are all in the right places, can this dress get any more perfect! That if someone would ask me to come up with a capsule wardrobe with only a single piece of little black dress in it, I'd easily pick this one up. Because it just works for me and I'm sure it will do the same to you. I even tried wearing it with my Keds and just wrapped a plaid shirt around my waist, put on a snap back and there you go, a different look entirely. I also may have even worn it "the other way around" - exposing my back instead of my tummy and that works too! That's how versatile the piece is. Even the material is dreamy, it's made of cotton and just hugs your body appropriately. No threat of wardrobe malfunction at all

Also, what summer dressing? All black everything.

xxx,

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...