June 05, 2013

TDUG: Weekend Calling

 H&M mesh cover up & shorts // Rayban aviators
@ Hundred Islands, Alaminos, Pangasinan, Philippines

H&M asymmetric top // Keds sneakers
@ Calle Crisolog, Vigan, Ilocos Sur, Philippines

Let it be known that I haven't forgotten you guys, that was an uncalled hiatus but I felt like I needed a break from everything and yes I needed to experience my first (and last) taste of summer for this year! However quick it was, I am definitely recharged and ready to take on life head on! How appropriate since we've just started another month, the half-year mark!
I love outfit planning for holidays and weekend getaways, but I am so fickle-minded when it comes to it. As expected I ended up overpacking. 

On our first day, being the water babies that we are, we went island hopping, snorkeling, giant clam sighting, cave jumping and basically basking under the northern suns and seas. I can't begin to explain how liberating it feels to be one with the sea and its awesome creatures. It's my second time around to go snorkeling and island hopping but I can never ever get used to it. Just gets better every single time. I finally pulled out a pair of bikini and cover up and actually have a beach for a background! Of course it's likely me to wear black on the beach but I made sure to pop a bold summer color along! Orange you glad, bold enough for you?

The next day, we pushed further up north and walked around Vigan. In this weather, sweltering point - no kidding, I had to wear the least amount of clothing possible especially during the walk along Calle Crisologo. The northern sun's up with all its Vitamin D glory and it's safe to say I have had an overdose over the weekend but I'm not complaining! I wish I'd had a healthier tan though, I almost always end up getting a sunburn instead. It's probably the worst idea ever but I'd go for the sunshine rather than a rainshower anytime. We went on exploring the cultural heritage of the town and I am not kidding when I tell you, there's a lot to be known and discovered! I went for this cotton top from H&M which definitely served me well! The asymmetric cut exposing almost half of my upper body but still decent and stylish, even vintage enough to match the theme of the places we went to! And of course, the ever versatile, kicks for life, from Keds - comfort and style at its best!

Since I couldn't be bothered wearing any accessory of some sort, it's too hot to put anything on save for your clothes, I made sure my hair's dressed up for the occasion. This summertime's all about braids for me and I love it that people around me are kind enough to style my hair for me! Check out the hairstyles I've managed to pull off over the weekend - totally biased over the fishtail braids! Matches well with my ombre tips too! Obsessed! It's definitely a great way to finish off any summer look!

Have you had your taste of summer yet? I hope I have helped you with outfit inspirations in case you're off to your very own summer getaway in the coming weekends! I may try and whip up a post for The Backpack Diaries again and share with you all the awesome weekend/holiday I have had!

SUMMER? #ITSMOREFUNINTHEPHILIPPINES
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...