May 23, 2013

WWJS: L'Oreal Professionel Mythic Oil

L'Oreal Professionel Mythic Oil*

L'Oreal Professionel Mythic Oil (125 ml bottle). Nourishing oil for hair types enriched with avocado oil and grape seed oil. It leaves hair instantly more supple, tamed and glossy. Immediately absorbed for a lightweight feel and finish. Depending on hair type, dispense 1 to 2 pumps into your hands and apply to dry or damp hair. In case of contact with eyes, rinse them immediately.
L'Oreal claims that the formula is enriched mainly of avocado and grape seed oil. Seeing in an instant how these are natural oil extracts from fruits, it is almost a given that they can be good for your hair, even when of course the formula isn't 100% natural. The avocado oil is mainly responsible for rehydration, nourishment and moisturization of the hair. On the other hand, the grape seed oil is responsible for the high resistance to heat, protection from damage and the lightweight, non-greasy properties of the formula.

WWJS | L'Oreal Mythic Oil.  When it comes to hair care, I can never be that reliable, even if I try. I've been through all the possible hair treatments and abused my hair to the point of no return. Name it, I've had it. Had I known about all these hair oils and alternatives to treatment before, I never would've have done it. But it's a bit too late for that. So thank you heavens for saving graces in the form of a nourishing hair oil which as far as I'm concerned is not a myth, it is the Mythic Oil from L'Oreal. I've read all about the Mythic Oil from various UK bloggers and I've always been curious as to how it works! I've never tried a hair oil before, only hair glosses and not until recently, the John Frieda Glossing Mist but not once did I even consider one with nourishing and repairing properties that comes from natural oils. Such a shame for someone with both botanical and phamacological backgrounds.

The packaging is a 120 ml hard plastic bottle with a pump cap which is practical but now that's I've lost the cap, I tend to find some leaks when the pump is accidentally pressed even with just the slightest pressure so I never carry it on my bag, I transferred a wee bit amount on a smaller, safer container for retouches and emergency purposes.  The formula is a clear solution, thin in consistency, lightweight and non-greasy that you have to cup your palm a little when pumping or else it'll all just slide down and drip! However the scent can be very strong and aromatic for a hair oil. Leaning on the sweet side, a reminiscent of vanilla even that's why my sister who's sensitive to scented products do not seem to like it that much.  But I personally have no problem with it, as I like what it does to my hair!

Initially, I dispense a full pump onto the palm of my left hand, rub them together with the right hand and lather it all over my dry-ed hair. They say you can also apply while its damp but I just find it more effective when applied after dry-ing it. If I'm not satisfied, I go for another half-pump and apply them on the ends/ombre tips since they need more moisturizing and massage the remaining amount onto my scalp. It doesn't grease even in this heat, well there goes the heat resistant property and that is why it is ideal for me to apply it prior to any hair straightening as it both gives my hair protection and nourishment. That's why I did question myself (and sanity) as to how on earth did I not learn all about proper hair care earlier in this lifetime? Since I started using L'Oreal Mythic Oil pre and post hair routine, I've noticed a great deal of improvement on the texture of my hair, specifically the dry ends and ombre tips so we've been inseparable since, along with the third party in our relationship, the hair iron.

Overall I really find the claims consistent with my results and the formula suitable for my hair type which is damaged, dry and coarse that's why I'm really, really happy with it! It leaves my hair instantly more supple, tamed and glossy. It is immediately absorbed for a lightweight feel and finish that even if I don't straighten at all, if I apply the Mythic Oil, my hair feels lighter, healthier and shinier. It's almost as if my hair's making up for the lost time, ever thirsty for the hair oil per application. With all the treatments we've been through, that's just valid and reasonable. If you can get your hands on this product, I'd say go for it! And I really, really like what it does to my hair! But I think I've said that a coupla times already, ha!

Are you a fan of nourishing hair oils? Will you give L'Oreal Mythic Oil a try?

*Gifted by my sister
For Pinas-based readers: According to @LOrealProPh, you can get them at your local Bench FIX salons.
For Dubai-based readers: Available at Sephora stores for 120AED, methinks.

xxx,
Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Woaah! Excellent blog. Thanks for sharing your post. I really like it.

    L’Oreal Mythic Oil

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...