February 20, 2013

TDUG: Daytime to Nighttime 001


I can't believe I'm only posting my 001 version of daytime to nighttime outfit just now! But like what they say, better late than never! How totally cliche of me right? So here's my take on maximizing an outfit when you've got a full day ahead of you. Three words: make it work!

The defaults: Zara shirt // LOVE thrifted shorts

Spot the difference!
1. The shoes. Like what they say, give a girl the right pair of shoes and she can conquer the world! During daytime, it is just but acceptable to wear comfortable and trendy flats especially when you'll be running errands all day long! How cute is this pair from Tomato? They're incredibly comfortable too! And then as we all know, it's not just accepted but somehow expected of you to wear something more sophisticated when the night comes. Any pair of legs will look mighty fine in heels so grab yourself one! This pair of black wedges instantly transforms the look altogether, agree?

2. The hair. Never ever underestimate the power of a well-kept hair. As cool as the messy look sounds, it doesn't really work that way and I learned it the hard way. Keep it casual and laidback by letting it down during the day. Then when it's time to strut your stuff out during the night, pull it all back into a super-ponytail! Especially when you know you'll be dancing all night long, best to keep the hair away from your face.

3. The accessories. The bolder the better. Applies to both the day and the night times but during the day, I almost always keep my watch with me to keep track of the time and then I can make do without it during the night since I'll probably not need to look at the time when you're out and having a good time. The black heart shape bangles were the perfect bold accessories I needed and I'm good to go!

4. The lips. Well I guess that's the obvious difference! I picked out the nude shade in the morning and instantly revamped my look with the good old red lips in the evening! If there's one thing you need to transform a daytime outfit to an evening wear, it will always include the lips and the color you choose to put on them!

5.  The attitude. Own it! Confidence can make all your looks work for you so work it, woman! The world is your fashion runway, make it work!

So, what do you think? How did you like my take on the daytime to nighttime outfit? I hope you find it helpful, the least.

xxx J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...