December 10, 2012

WWJS: The Benefit Brow Bar



Since I have been hearing a lot of good reviews about The Benefit Brow Bar even long before it came to the Middle Eastern soil, I was kind of excited to finally experience it myself! I have never tried anything more than just the usual tweeze/thread so when I checked the services listed on their 'menu', I was a bit overwhelmed! My decision to go all out with the services was justified by the fact that my brows and upper lip area have not been kept for the past *wait for it* 3 months. Shame, I know and that’s why I indulged a little.

Before I proceed with my experience, I wanted to share how important I find the brow is. A filled in and well-kept brow makes you look fresh and poised, put-together and confident. I personally didn’t care, let alone knew, about it until I discovered the whole new world of make-up artistry and beauty blogging. And then there’s THE difference right before my eyes in front of my vanity mirror. So now, I almost never leave home without filling them in with a brow pencil or powder. I haven’t mastered nor perfected the art of, but I’m getting there. So here’s when the Brow Bar experience comes up!

When I walked into the bar, I spotted France, the Benebabe who gladly accommodated me and answered all my questions about the services before I jump right into the Benefit Brow Bar bandwagon. She said my kind of brows are the nicest to shape (I always get that but I don’t know why) and my hair strands are thick by default (yes, even my brows apparently) but I had tweezed the base in excess so now I have to grow them out a bit to have a thicker one. She also shared that all of them had to undergo an intensive training prior to the launch which is just fitting considering the hype and the standards The Brow Bar has been known for.

I then decided on getting the eyebrow shaping, tinting, waxing and upper lip waxing combo. The whole process lasted for about 45 minutes in total which is reasonable enough considering the state of my unkempt brows and facial hair. I only ever noticed the first step though, which was tinting that has to stay in there for 2 minutes then it will last for 3 weeks max after. Then I was either too unsettled to even consider or too shy because I was there on the ‘hot’ seat for everybody to see to even remember anything that followed! You may be asking if it is painful though, not at all! But be warned that I slightly have a higher tolerance for pain. The upper lip waxing though, man that was crazy! I can feel the tiny hairs in the corners of my lips being literally peeled off my skin and that’s where it stings – a little. But still very tolerable, nothing you have to worry about. Besides, they have this cooling gel/vaseline ready for you just in case and it works!

Overall, Benefit Brow Bar was a fun, experimental and satisfying experience. Not only will you get what you pay for, but you actually get what you came for – perfectly raised and flattering brows! Though I have to be honest, shedding quite a few dirhams more to fix an eyebrow may be too much for some but like I always say, if it delivers and in no way is the result being compromised, then it’s a few dirhams more well spent! I personally have no regrets as this was a first time and the experience was well worth it! Maybe a follow up visit every three months or even twice in a year is in order though!

Finally, here we are! France kept the mirror to herself and wouldn’t let me look at it halfway during the process for the element of surprise (her words, not mine) but I am not good with surprises so you can just imagine the look on my face the whole time! I trust her though, her own set of brows can vouch for her credibility, so after 45 minutes and then some…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...