November 26, 2012

WWJS: Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder (007/Mohair)

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder (007/Mohair) - 28AED

I have had my eye on this product in a long while but I haven’t gotten around to trying it, let alone buying it. I don’t know why really but it may have been the usual verdict – that I put the pro in procrastinate. So when I found myself in front of the Rimmel stand over one weekend, I was already decided on buying one even before getting any swatches on, I had a feeling it will work just fine on my skin. So weird to have gut feels over make-up products when you’re supposed to try and test it first whether or not you’re allergic to it or not

Rimmel Stay Matte Face Powder claims to have a natural shine control for 5 hours with natural minerals and helps in minimizing pores. Since I almost always go for the natural look altogether, I went for 007 Mohair, which is the closest to my au naturale skin color - proud morena forever and ever. On applying, you can either use a sponge or a brush. I prefer using the brush first to cover my entire face then buff it all out. The brush sweeps will then leave you with tiny bits of residue that I usually scoop up with a sponge and apply it later on as the setting powder when my whole face’s done. The coverage is buildable from light to medium coverage depending on the strokes and the layers you put on. It has a powdery feel to it but not cakey nor dry therefore it doesn’t feel heavy at all when applied, even after re-applying as it is true to its claim of lasting for only 5 hours, even less when you’re outdoors. Which is not bad at all considering it is a high-street product with a very affordable price! For a pressed powder, which is what it is really is, this actually works and serves the purpose of achieving a flawless look and minimizing pores. So if that’s all you’re looking for, and let me repeat the affordable price bit, then Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder won’t disappoint you in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...