July 12, 2012

WWJS: Bioderma Photoderm Max Sun Cream

I have been using the product all summer long and I really find it highly beneficial so I have no idea why I haven't gotten around on doing a review about it. Over the weekend, I popped into Boots Pharmacy and saw the whole range of the product under the "best selling" category and made a mental note that I really should go about the review already. Then yesterday at work, I was reminded of it all over again when a patient actually asked for it and so here I am rambling about it which I hope you'll find somehow helpful.
Bioderma Photoderm Max Sun Cream in Invisible, Light and Golden Colour - 98 AED*

Bioderma Photoderm Max is a sun cream with claims of maximum protection for the face and limiting the harmful effects of the UV rays containing SPF 100 and UVA 29/30. It is highly recommended to those whose skin can not tolerate any type of sun exposure; very pale skin; with freckles and skin subjected to maximum sun intensity.

This sun cream comes in two types - plain and tinted. The plain type comes out as an invisible texture that gives a velvety effect on the face. It has a melting texture when blended, colourless to apply and will leave no oily film nor white traces. The tinted type comes in two colours - light and golden - both giving off a tanned effect on the face. Like the plain type, it also has a melting texture and will leave no oily film on the face. But since it's tinted, it promises to even out the complexion depending on your skin type (light or golden) and cover blemishes. It also claims to have excellent tolerance and photostability, fragrance free and water resistant. The packaging is a 40 mL plastic tube with a flip flap cap.

Like I said, this is one of my go-to products whenever the Emirates summer comes knocking on my door. The summer sun can get really intense and can dry, if not fry, your skin so I make it a point to have the much needed protection, or in this case, maximum protection for my face on a daily basis. Bioderma Photoderm Max takes care of ALL my summer dilemma when it comes to my face. I am currently using the tinted type in golden variety and it doubles as my foundation as well. Since the heat can get very overwhelming, I couldn't be bothered to put too much on my face and gladly it works for me! However, once you start sweating you'll feel more aware of the fact that you are in fact wearing a sunblock as it can get pretty heavy and really sticky on the surface. But I guess I can work with that, I just set it off with my loose face powder and I'm good to go. Even if I've been personally using it on a daily basis, it will also be highly ideal for outdoor activities involving intense exposure to the sun! Even the packaging is light so it's easier to stash inside your weekend duffel bag!

My initial purchase is about to get empty and I'm definitely going to repurchase as we are nowhere near the end of summer in here! What about you? Have you been using the same product? What are your thoughts about it?
*Our pharmacy's SRP though right now there's a promo pack of 2 tubes for only 100AED on selected pharmacies around UAE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...