July 13, 2012

TGIS : Jane By Design

I know that you may think it is just another TV series but indulge me just this once, I promise I have a point and that this one includes no werewolves nor vampires.

My friend told me about it when the first episode aired and said I might enjoy it because it involves a highschool girl who has a passion for high fashion. Since I could really use all the distraction I can get, I jumped right on to the bandwagon and I have been religiously watching the show since then. Here's the Season 1 Preview video!

"Jane By Design" (formerly "What Would Jane Do"), a light-hearted drama, follows Jane, a teenager who lands a job at a hip retail company when they mistake her for an adult. Jane soon finds herself juggling life both as a regular high school student and as an assistant to a high powered executive in the cutthroat world of fashion... all while trying to keep her true identity a secret.

Like what Erica Dasher (Jane Quimby) said on the video, it is very relateable and there's something for everyone! I personally love the light highschool drama bit because what's highschool without it, really? The writers couldn't have possibly picked out a better plot than *wait for it* The Friendzone Drama. Nick Roux (Billy Nutter) plays as Jane's ever realiable boy space friend since birth, you know, the friendzone drill. And he's been doing an amazing job, so convincing! If you've been a highschooler, best believe you know how this works. Well that amongst other things like there's Jane's everyday school and work outfit changes too which is a weekly source of inspiration for someone like me! And a very slight glimpse of what life is like in high fashion, what with all the deadlines to meet, intrigues to deal with and different set of people to work with! Also, props to quirky episode titles and appropriate soundtracks! You can also spot the latest trends without even trying because it will be present within the show, it's like an online talking, walking, acting fashion magazine if you get my drift.

I grabbed some stills from Jane by Design Facebook Page to justify and highlight some points and lure you some more. Ready? 

 Instant outfit inspirations

 Jane, Grey and guest star Kelly Osbourne

 Trend alerts!!!

 Yes. That beanie boy right there is no less than THE Billy "Boyspacefriend" Nutter. You're welcome! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...