April 03, 2012

Benefit Hello Flawless SPF 15 Custom Cover Up

WWJS. 

For someone who judges books by their covers, I guess it's almost automatic to assume I will pretty much apply the same theory with almost everything else in my life. Benefit Cosmetics surely know how to spoil every girl's heart with all its too pretty too resist packaging! I have the softest spot for anything pretty, seriously how can someone even resist anything pretty in the first place? I can't, obviously. And this Hello Flawless Powder is no exception!

Benefit Hello Flawless Custom Cover Up Powder claims to be a custom powder cover-up with protection for the face. The powder formula has a yellow undertone to it and promises medium to full coverage. It comes with both a set brush and sponge cleverly located under the second compartment. Flip the powder compartment open and taddah - there you have them! Pretty and smart packaging, a combination like that never hurts! You can customize its use by using the brush when you want a sweep off, sheer finish or the sponge to pat on, full coverage result. It's available in 9 different shades, 3 Lights, 3 Mediums, 3 Deeps, so you can really get to choose which one suits you best. A product leaflet of your policy in pretty's included in the box so you can be guided step by step. And then of course, there's the website for shade swatches and other beauty tips you may also find helpful!

I got matched with I'm cute as a bunny, HONEY. And I am very happy to share that I may be one shade closer to finding my perfect match. This blends well with my fairly normal skin giving me just enough glow and the right amount of warmth my whole face needs as a base. It does give off that flawless feel and glides upon application resulting to a porcelain-like glow. I prefer using the sponge though, with my ever fidgety hands, the brush tends to create a slight mess when I use it. I did retouch for a total of 3 times but that's only because the heat and humidity in here's starting to get higher. Considering the fact that my face always feel extra heavy with foundation on - one of the many unresolved issues of my being so I never really put on foundation on a daily basis - my tiny bit expectations were met. Light coverage, with SPF, the gliding ability hence making me feel like there's just a thin layer of cover up on my face. And the packaging, I cannot not say anything about it! It's compact, light and quirky with the convenience of having the brush and sponge stored on an additional room below the powder compartment! Reminds me of my good old Polly Pocket days, ladies you agree?

I don't have a very rich history to compare it with but I guess I'm just happy to have started my search for my perfect facematch with Benefit Hello Flawless Cover Up! I have always been confident and comfortable with my skin, particularly with my being morena but there's always that struggle in finding that right shade that'll match my face perfectly as far as a cover-up foundation is concerned. It's either too light and creamy or too dark and cakey for my liking and everyday use. So I was thrilled to find out that this is none of the above! It isn't cakey nor chalky at all though I had that first impression when I swatched it on my hand. But lo and behold, I was wrong! This is currently my lone cover-up powder as I never use one before, I keep saying that I know, and I find it good enough for daily use. I think it will work well with any skin type too but if you have an oily skin, a primer will probably come in handy to maximize its effect! It's a bit pricey for a cover-up but like I always say, when the results aren't compromised in any way, I have no problem with it! My aunt has been using hers on a daily basis for almost half a year now, so I guess, you fairly get your money's worth. I highly recommend it! It's always nice to have a wingman in the form of a good cover up, that's what Hello Flawless feels like to have, like you can always rely on it to make things better, or in this case, to make your skin feel and look better. HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...