April 01, 2012

The Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Liquid Foundation


Just when you thought you'd found your perfect match, a better one comes along. That's exactly how I felt after finally trying on Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Liquid Foundation for the first time this morning. I've just started using Hello Flawless SPF15 Powder cover-up but now I think I'll probably give myself a luxurious treat from this HFOW every once in a while - maybe when I feel like I deserve it or the situation calls for it. So as promised, here's my version of an in depth and more detailed post about the latest addition to the growing range of Benefit cosmetics. When I say my version, you already know what and what not to expect yes? High five!

Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Liquid Foundation is a brightening liquid foundation that builds light to medium coverage for a natural complexion. It has got a hydrating complex formula that helps you achieve that plump effect and contains Vitamin C and E which also prevent signs of aging. It is oil-free, fragrance-free and comes with SPF25 for skin protection. The total number of shades available is 9 covering 3 main categories (Light, Medium, Deep) which are also in conjunction with Benefit Hello Flawless Custom Power Cover-UpYou can find the full range on the website and they even have a shade identifier app so you might want to check it out! Lastly, the packaging (aaaaahhh!!!) is a 30mL high-quality thermoplastic container with a pump dispenser and a frosted finish to keep the shade visible.  I got matched with I’m so money Honey. I used one full pump to cover my face and neck entirely and as advised by my Benebabes during the launch, I used my fingers for my initial application and saved the free brush included in the kit for future use. The foundation is runny and with a yellow undertone to it. Be careful and try to dispense just the right amount to build the coverage you desire. As much as possible I put things on my face lightly on a daily basis, I almost never go for the medium coverage. So I apply one layer to even out the surfaces and another thin one around the eyes & nose parts, which are basically my problem areas. I got a little help from The Porefessional too, an ample amount of sample is included inside the package, enough to let you maximize its effect. Among the claims, I was really excited to find out about the defying gravity bit! I’ve mentioned before that I have this unresolved issue about how my face feels heavy after any foundation application. This one did not disappoint! It’s as if you applied nothing and doesn’t stick nor grease too! I am not so sure of the plump effect claim though, because my face is plump already as it is so spare me but I can let that one slide. Lasting power is surprisingly long too, I need not retouch at all during my 8-hour-shift but that may also be because I’m confined inside the pharmacy and had no contact with Mr. Sun at all. It's almost summer here so let me get back to you guys when I finally wear it "out". Which is whern the SPF 25 PA+++ would come in handy as skin protection shouldn't be neglected at any cost. The packaging never ever fails to surprise me hence this (!!! !!! !!!). Aside from having the cutest font (I’m shallow like that), it’s so lightweight that I had to check if there’s actually a bottle inside just to be sure I won’t be coming home with an empty box! I would also like to make an appropriate pharmacist squee and give mad props for making the O2 sign so appealing! A chemical formula has never looked so cool! Health care team, represent!

Overall, this foundation has made me a happier girl! Knowing I have come across a foundation that’ll make me look and feel good with its coverage and brightening effect without demanding so much effort from me. I loooooove its effect on me! An answered prayer since I really really really want an almost-nonexistent-feel after foundation application! I know it’s a bit pricey for its kind (just like how it is with the rest of Benefit products) but the quality and results are not compromised in any way so that’s pretty much a good deal for me. I think it’s too fancy for my daily use though, I'll probably use it if I want to spoil myself and look effortlessly flawless in just about 10 minutes, that way HFOW can deliver! Furthermore, I'd particularly use it during the mornings after. You know, those mornings you cannot be bothered to make an effort to look good but you got to have to, ie. the morning after a good kind of night when you cannot remember anything and/or the morning after hungover, enough said. And on that personal note, I'm going to say it, if you've always wanted to have the porcelain-like skin finish within minutes and within your reach, then Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow is definitely for you. There, I said it. And yes, you can quote me on that one. This will be readily available for 165AED in all Faces and Sephora around GCC and selected Areej and Debenhams stores in the Emirates today, April 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...