February 03, 2012

A Constant Suitor

In accordance to the love month we're all having, I feel like it's about time I share with you all my love affair... with reading.

No doubt, writing's my first love. Everybody would probably agree with me on that one. I love to scribble, blab, doodle, jot down notes, journal-write and obviously - I looooove to blog. But here's a confession. When I don't write, I actually read. As much as I can, whenever and wherever possible. Reading to me is like a constant suitor. Just there. Always been there. Lingering. Loitering. Lurking. Constantly teasing me to go back in its arms especially when I get so caught up with too much writing. And while that's that, shopping though is somewhere in between which explains this post altogether - me writing about what I am currently reading after shopping for books.

We were lucky enough to chanced upon the very first Friday of every first Friday for ARTE 2012!


It was crazy out there - crazy good! They were just setting up when we arrived so most of the books were still inside their boxes. I later on learned that each paperback book is only for 10AED and hardbound ones are for 20AED, such sweet information that sent my excitement over the top! I was literally lost in transfiction. I had the hardest time picking which ones to buy first and which will be for next month's purchase!


But when I spotted George R.R. Martin's A Storm of Swords amongst the mass of books laid down before me, I snatched it right away! Done deal! So what if I'm not even done with Book I? I will have to have this in the future anyway. And what's a bookstore visit without a chic lit? At least that's what it is for me. So after having a good rundown of the options I have, I settled for a Cecelia Ahern. I do judge a book by its cover and this one is a major -what with its royal colors of gold and purple with sparkles and shimmers. It demanded attention and attention I've given. My sister on the other hand went for the Larsson's trilogy. She's into crime investigation genre nowadays so she's more than stoked to have scored 2/3 novels for just 20AED! 4 books for a grand total of 40AED! On a regular bookstore trip, that's just equivalent to one single purchase, saying the least! Books alone are love, what more are the discounted ones! It made me and my sister the happiest bookclubbers in town!


Tamara Goodwin from Cecelia Ahern's Book of Tomorrow said it best, "I think that most people go into bookshops and have no idea what they want to buy. Somehow, the books sit there, almost magically willing people to pick them up. The right person for the right book. It's as though they already know whose life they need to be a part of, how they can make a difference, how they can teach a lesson, put a smile on a face at just the right time."

Spot. On. That's how it's really like with my every bookstore trip ever since. Such a magical feeling! What are you waiting for? Pick up a book... NOW! Though I'll be putting this one down as it is now officially my 5th book of 2012! Alongside Lindsey Kelk's I Heart Series, which I marathon-ed for the whole month of January. More on that on my next post! And oh, what perfect timing too as today marks February's first Friday so be sure to catch ARTE 2012 at the Dubai Festival City! I just might see you there - that is if I actually get my eyes off the books, I stuck my nose on them by default when I see one. I guess old habits die hard, eh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...