December 10, 2011

How To Spend A Friday E06

Random Fridays are the unplanned ones. The kind you don't plan for the night before. The kind that's brought about by spontaneity, say maybe decided over lunch on the day itself. The kind we had for this week.

We just had lunch and while finishing up the kitchen chores, I remember my Auntie asking me, out of nowhere, if we'd like to check out the "HyperPanda offers" and handed the brochure for me to have a look. She pointed out two things and I was quick to say yes! Believe it or not, we were actually aiming for the *waitforit* tilapia and bangus! HAHAHA! Price's ridiculously low as compared to what we usually get them for at the fish market! Kidding aside, not going to lie, recession has hit the Emirates too so when offers like these are available, be sure to check them out! The feeling of having been able to save even just as low as 5AED differential from the product's original price can make a lot of difference! Discounts on food and grocery's always a good thing. Always!

Photobucket
Something Blue | 102nd Dalmatian
Finally had a chance to go out with my new baby! I'm in love with it and the way it instantly adds a burst and pop of color to my outfit! The scarf was something I managed to wrapped around the handle, a personalized touch from my limited-artsy-self. It frustrated me that I even had to Google a "how tie my scarf on my handbag" tutorial cos I can't figure it out at first! I used to be a lot more creative than that! I loved how it turned out though, don't you? Not bad, limited-artsy-self, not bad at all! 

Whenever I wear this tennis shoes from F21, I can't help but think I'm the lost dalmatian! Decided to wear something comfortable since we'll basically walk around from one grocery aisle to another hence the flats, shortsies, and a loose white shirt. Threw on a jumper to keep me warm since the winter chills' almost here!

Photobucket
Nomnomnom. 'Nuff said.
I cannot even remember the last time I actually bought chocolates on purpose! I blame the coming holidays! It's making me feel a bit child-like! My Auntie even caught me smiling while walking through the isle full of chocolate options! Obviously, it's not my first time in there but I don't know! Last Friday's a different one! I usually just go for M&M's, Cadbury and Snickers but I ended up with Lindt and Reese's this time! Must be my alpha female hormones. And maybe PMS. There. I said it.

Photobucket
iPadpaper | Book One
How cool is this iPhone/iPad inspired twin wire notebook? I've ran out of blank pages on my notebook which I always carry around with me so I needed a replacement. Well I guess for me, some things are still better off handwritten on paper.

Finally got hold of the first book in the series of George R.R. Martin's fantasy novels, A Game of Thrones! This is something new for me in a long while! I just finished watching the television series and that made me decide to start reading while waiting for the next season which will air this Spring 2012! This time I liked the fact that I watched the series first to get a heads up on the setting. It's hard to calibrate and relocate the setting of my alternate reality from something like Forks to an entirely different dimension like Winterfell. Harhar! I'm sure you get my point! ;)

Needless to say, I was one happy girl at the end of the day! I love grocery stores and bookstores! So glad I ended up spending my random Offriday inside both! We went to Dubai Festival City (DFC) by the way, Hyper Panda and BOOKPLUS particularly! Life's simple joys and little surprises, you gotta love 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...