November 24, 2011

A Post Script to The Script

Photobucket
"I'm still in shock, what have you done?"
Exit Wounds, The Script

Still nursing a hangover from the Sandance event. I don't know if it's a proud moment or a pathetic gesture. The night and everything in between caught me off guard. I guess one can never ever be prepared for something so awesome than you have ever imagined - when you got more than what you bargained for. Not going to lie. I was kind of anxious going to the event. I don't do events. I have never been into a full blown night of socializing, free flowing drinks and the works in my life. Not back in Pinas, definitely not in here! So it was quite understandable that it took me a month to decide on what to wear, how to style my hair and what exactly do they mean by "beach glamorous". Also, I had to stress about what "door policy applies" actually mean, can you believe that? Well, you better. You get the picture? How losery, I know...

Photobucket
Photobucket

Since none of us drives, let alone owns a car, we had to master the art of commuting from Sharjah to Dubai, hence the several outfit changes. 1st stop : SHJ Bus Station. My sister and I had to wear pants first, Teenie had to wear her tights until we're finally in Dubai where shorts and dresses can finally be worn by women freely and legally. 2nd stop: Dubai Metro Train. Outift change and grabbed us some BK lovin' along Internet City. 3rd stop: Finally Atlantis. We were able to talk down a cabbie to take us from Internet City toNasimi Beach, thank heavens. Now we only have to worry about the fare and arriving there on time! It was a smooth ride until we made the turn to the Atlantis area. Believe me, it's like a new city amidst the city. Think Beverly Hills and maybe NYC... Traffic's already piling up and before we know it we're side by side with a frickin' limo on the road!Complete with chauffer, drinks and loud music! Then not long time after, a top-down car with blonde girls raising their drinks and dancing to their own music while holding out their iPhones and BBs. You can just imagine how many times I swallowed non-existing lumps on my throat. Whoa. At least I got my gold hoop earrings on. This is going to be an interesting night!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

We arrived at the venue just when the sun has set and the crowd's already growing by the minute. The moment we stepped down the cab, we knew it's going to take a whole lot of confidence to brave through an unfamiliar territory which we were about to treat ourselves into. Warm groups of happy people were walking alongside us, making our way thru the vast parking lot towards the entrance gates. It was a refreshing sight to see an entirely different crowd and we weren't even inside the venue yet! Boys clad in puruntong shorts, plain tees, and flip-flops. Girls in dresses, shortsies, slip-ons. Wow. It doens't feel like we're in the Middle East at all! Oh man, I should have been informed! It wasn't like I'm not expecting any of it, it's just that I had no idea that such exists!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

 It took us a while to drink in the atmosphere. We couln't help giggling and smiling to ourselves! Who would say no to a sea of beautiful people and sexy accents? Not me! Let's get this night started! We started walking around. Bumping into random strangers. Looking out and not blending in at first. It was all too much to take for a first time socializer. At one point, you'd see someone shocked to see someone familiar and then they'll introduce each other to their respective groups. One girl's dancing carelessly on the sand, a drink on her hand, amidst the crowd. One couple's dancing so intimately like no one else is around to see how close and closer they are getting already. The rest are just off having a fun, crazy night and it's about time we join the club!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

There were few open bars in the area so we finally decided to get a drink so we can start settling in. Anei and I had beer while Teenie opted for a Vodka drink. Can't believe I'm sharing a night out with a beer on the side with my littlest sister already! She's really a grown up now. She's actually the one always on the lookout since my poor eyesight can really be a liability during night time. I love her and totally loved the fact that we just shared our first grown up night together! It was just as memorable for Teenie cos believe it or not, it's her first concert experience ever! Couldn't get any happier to be sharing another first with her!

Photobucket
Photobucket

As The Script concert came to an end, we made our way out of the crowd. Very timely, Use Somebody's on the background. I kid you not when I say there were lots of somebody out there! But with the massive amount of people almost everywhere, it will be very tricky to pick just one somebody so we ended up with nobody but ourselves. HA! We decided to go straight back into the elevated part of the beach, overlooking the crowd, as well as the Dubai skyline. It's about time we give our legs some rest! We didnt realize we have been standing all night long already! And just when you thought the night couldn't get any better, the skyline's suddenly beaming with neon lights as the fireworks display started! It was the most perfect way to put an end to the already amazing night! I wouldn't want and have it in any other way!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

November 18, you have no idea how happy you've made me. I'm not even sure where I'm getting here. I just basically want to immortalize these moments thru photos and words, for future reference. For in any time I might be feeling a little too low, I will have this to remember. Seeing your favorite band perform live. Singing and bleeding your heart out. Dancing in the sand. Being by the beach. Overlooking the Dubai skyline. Having the perfect company. Blasting some real good music. Meeting a lot of beautiful people. All in one sparkling, flawless night of November. Not so bad for a postscript if you ask me. So now, can you blame me if I am nowhere near the moving on phase? Hmm. That's what I thought.

Photobucket
"I'm not moving... I'm not moviiinnnggg...."
The Man Who Can't Be Moved, The Script

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...