May 04, 2011

Last Scene Syndrome

My personal adaptation of the last song syndrome, only this being a particular scene (instead of a song, duh) from a TV series, movie or music video. Like a mental screen shot. I pick out a scene and it's stuck inside my head the whole day or even beyond and I'll end up replaying the scene mentally and smile stupidly to myself while at it. True story.

The Vampire Diaries
S03E18: The Last Day


That awkward moment of having an actual flashback with someone who just disappeared into thin air with someone else. When Caroline bumped into Tyler and Jules at the parking lot after leaving town together some time back.


Photobucket
(Sidetrack #1)
Tyler: How are you?
Caroline: I'm good, you? How are things with you?
Tyler: I'm hanging in there.


Tyler: I left for a reason, Caroline.
Caroline: Well, your explanation must've gotten lost in the mail, along with your goodbye.
(Here comes sidetrack #2)
Tyler: Take care of yourself.




Photobucket

Tyler: You alright?
Caroline: Yeah, I think so.
*uncomfortable silence*
Caroline: Why didn't you say goodbye? You just left.
(Hmm. Sidetrack #3 here.)
Tyler: You want to talk about this now?
Caroline: Well, if we're gonna die, I might as well know the truth. Why did you leave me?
Tyler: I knew you hated me.. I thought you deserved better than having someone like me.. in your life.
Caroline: I was hurt, you know. You turned your back on me when I needed you. But I could never hate you, Tyler.



On replay. Inside my head.

Digging Tyler Lockwood's comeback! Looove the new look! Very wolfy! Don't you think so, too?

Photobucket


Caroline: That witch vervained me. Tyler?

That awkward moment when you're about to lose your lifeline and you're still wanting & looking for the same things: reasons & answers. When Caroline & Tyler's trapped inside the tomb for Klaus' sacrifice.

Caroline: You're leaving town again?


Caroline: So, what are you, like friends now?

Caroline, being the royal tactless blonde that she is, interrogated him at once. Just like the rest of us, Caroline both wanted & needed some answers. And just like the rest of them, Tyler kept on sidetracking her. Can I just say, for the record, "How are you?" is really underrated. And this scene justified it all the more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...